Something a little bit fishy
I realised I haven't posted any photos of my fishies...
So over the next few days I will upload some photos of my new friends...
First up. Is Eric. Who started all this...
He's such a beautiful fish. He is the common type of Betta fish you get in pet stores - what is referred to as a 'Vail Tail" (There is quite a few different tail types in the Betta family)
Currently Eric's been having a bad week. He got a nasty sickness called White Spot last week, so has been on medication for that. Then later on in the week he developed a second illness - Fin Rot. So more medication for the poor boy and lots of TLC from his Mummy... Today he is felling better, but is still not 100%. All signs of white spot have gone, but the fin rot is still around being pesky. He just got another splash of medication in his water in the hopes that will cure the last of it. Thankfully his appetite has returned, so this is a good sign.
The quirky thing about Eric, is that when he was just new, I got a little freaked out thinking that he had fin rot at one point as part of his tail was missing.... in the end it turned out that he did it to himself!! He's a self harming fishie, or in other words - a Tail Biter!! Thankfully after some time with the counsellor he's seemed to have gotten over this and has healed nicely.
Here is a collection of images I have recently gotten of Eric. I have been trying out my macro lens on getting shots of his tail etc. The big red bit in one of the photos is where he did take a chuck out of his tail and the following regrowth of his fins.



e




3 comments:
Oh he is lovely!!
I want a betta again .. remember Worf?
Fabulous photos! :D
they are awesome pics.
(hugs) thanks for your comment on my blog.
And love to all your fish children, and poo on mr grumpy for not letting you extend the family.
Get well wishes to Eric......gorgeous pictures Peta, his colors are great!
Post a Comment