Monday, June 23, 2008

Ohhh... happy days

I must say I really am a lucky girl.

Stacy so spoils me. I have had the best weekend with my boy, we didn't really do anything at all, he just made me laugh loads. He makes me happy.... I wish I could just freeze those little 'cute' moments forever!

One such moment from this weekend happened today, Stacy has been working out all the boring technical bits that go to making a new computer system up for me .... making sure I get all the 'good bits' and value for money. Of course I've been involved in the process with, none more then picking the Case for all these technical bits to go into... I did ask for a pink case, and do you know you CAN get pink ones (they are ugly!) ... Now it has to be said. I don't care what the case looks like at the end of the day. As long as it doesn't cost me the earth and all the computer bits work to go fast and make photoshop load up really quickly and run well then I'm good.

So picture this if you will, Stacy's at the computer going over all the millions of different cases you can get for your computer, trying to find me the perfect case, one that is practical and looks good. I'm on the bed, kind of getting bored of looking at cases and so I get silly and pull the bed sheets up over my head, wondering how long it will take for my darling to realises that I'm not actually paying attention... I answer with a few "yeah that's good" and listen for sounds of movement or some cry of outrage from the boy... nothing is forthcoming - silence is all that greats me. Until all the sudden someone pounces on me and makes me jump ten feet in the air. Seems someone had noticed and had quietly snuck up on me!! - How rude.

In the end we ended up with the very first case we looked at... and $1400 later I have a kick ass computer system and monitor *dances*

This is what I'm getting (means not very much to me lol)

Intel ATX E8400 CORE 2 DUO /3.0GHz/6MB/1333FSB/LGA775
Gigabyte EP35-DS3R S775 P35 FSB1333 DDR2 PCIEx16 SATA2 RAID GbLAN ATX DES
DDR2 Twin2X (2048MB Kit) 240-pin DDR2 XMS2-6400 Corsair(2X1024MB)
Samsung 500G 7200RPM SATAII 16M
Samsung 500G 7200RPM SATAII 16M
Asus EAH3650SLNMG 512M DDR2 PCIE2.0 VGA 2x DVI HDTV HDCP
Samsung 2243BW Wide Black 5ms
Pioneer DVR-215BK 20x Dual Black OEM with software- SATA
EZCool Apache CH-21BK Black with 25mm Fan 500W power supply
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007(OEM)
USB2 Internal all in one Card Reader Black(Support SDHC) Apcer

TOTAL : $1395

So basically, this is what it means to me ...

Its a CORE 2 DUO (3.0GHz)
Has:
2 gig of ram ( I think - Stacy did say something about 3 gig...)
two 500g Hard drives
1 DVD Recorder
a Card Reader (yay)
Microsoft Office

The Case looks like this:


And my monitor looks like this:


Now just to wait until it's in and then I can PLAY! .... mmm new computer for Petie *heaven*


PS. My week long stomach bug seems to have packed it's bags and left, must have been the combination of Medication and Stacy cuddles! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woootwooo sexy computer!

Its so wonderful to hear you so happy :) :) :)

I would love to catch up one day if that wouldn't be too weird.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh lovely and zippy and fast! YAY!!! :D

Just make sure the case has lots of air flow and ventilation :) That was what one guy told me.

Jodie said...

OOOh very cool and unboring case! I just got the same monitor and I love it!