Sunday, April 6, 2008

another day gone another day older

Well it's official - I've left my 20's behind now!! God I feel old saying that! I can remember when saying mid 20's felt old!!

I certainly had an interesting weekend.

The Gold Coast show was good. It was quite an interesting experience being on the other side of the stand. Just being able to be at the show before everyone got there and after everyone had left was quite an interesting experience, to see what all the stall holders get up to - the setting up processes the chatting to one another through out the day. That was fun, and the more days you where there the more you got to know those around you.

Classes at the show where lots of fun and also a different experience from teaching in the stores as it was a much more 'open' area and you had a lot of people walking past and stopping to look into the class room. I got to teach the Thursday, Friday and Saturday photoshop class and had a ball. Being on the stand was also a great experience and now I can't wait to do it all again in June!

Friday as I expected was busy, but also quite. I was quite surprised to turn my phone on after teaching my class and it didn't go off with messages at all. No one had called me in three hours - how rude! haha Well I guess the boy and my parents did get in before I had even gotten to the show that morning (they had called around 6:30-7). And of course Sara and Mel got to see me on the day and pass on theirs in person (they also took me out to dinner that night at a random Chinese Restaurant that we found close to our hotel).

I found out that my family are actually going to have a birthday party for me on the 26th... and when I got to talk to my sister and the girls that afternoon I got the best birthday news - They are going to be at the party!! (well it will be kind of a joint party as it's also my sisters birthday on the 22nd).

Tonight I finally got to catch up with the Boy and he took me out for dinner to a Indian Restaurant that I've wanted to go to for awhile. It was funny he had been planning to take me there, but thought he would check with me first and see if there was anywhere I wanted to go, I had replied that I couldn't think of anywhere.. and after a little bit I said "Oh I did want go to the Sitar recently" .. he just laughed and told me that's where he had planned to take me if I couldn't think of anywhere!

I must say he totally spoilt me. I do so love him. He spent WAY to much money on my birthday present... Honestly I don't think anyone has ever spent so much on a gift for me before!!

And this is what I got..... A Flash for my Camera!!! Seriously the best present EVER! So can't wait to play with it!! (have to read the manual for it). I'm still blown away by how much he spent - the naughty boy! hehe But he knew how much I've wanted one ever since I got the 40d... *bounce* I'm the luckiest girl in the world I reckon!



Again thank you all for the sms's/phone calls/cards/well wishes!! You all made my day :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday!! *hugs*
SO glad you got spoilt! :)

Also glad the fair went well :D

Bel said...

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to ring. Saturday was crazy. xoxoxo Go Stacy!

Peta said...

that's okay dorkie - seeing as it was FRIDAY! and hey you talked to me on the phone anyways - you've got the perfect excuess there - I rang you before you could ring me ROFLMAO!

Bel said...

I meant Friday (man, i need some sleep. Anyone want a free baby?).

I had a reminder set in my phone, but I set it to 8pm instead of 8am.

But yeah, I promise I'll make it up to you.. somehow..