to throw or not to throw
I'm currently itching to just toss a whole heap of stuff that I have been 'hording'. Stuff that I have held onto for various reasons. I think there is a part of me that wants to start 2008 with a clean empty space, I guess it's kind of like throwing off the old life and starting the new one. I'm really ready for 2008 to be a 'fresh' start and a different Peta.
The most troublesome things right now are my paper scrapbooking supplies. I really just want to pack all that up and forget it. I didn't touch it very much in 2007 and I think I'll be touching it even less in 2008. But what do I do with it? Give it away? (to who?) . Throw it all out? (gasp) Sell it off on Ebay? (*sigh* all that work - photo-ing. listing and posting). Or do I put it all into a box, ship it off to mum and dad's to live with the other boxes that I haven't touched since 2003 because I'm 'maybe' one day use them again (which really means I never will).
It's quite surpriseing how much of this crap junck stuff I do have. I think I'm seriously going to have to sit down and go through it all and see how much of it I'm just holding onto becasue it cost so bloody much and how much of it I really truely want to keep.
Well I'm sure I will work it out one day!!! In the mean time - here is a photo from my trip! I wasn't really a fan of this untill I played with it in lightroom and photoshop - now I adore it.




7 comments:
Happy new year, love the photo, love the cute little camera :)
As for the junk, my advice (and I am the world's worst hoarder of stuff for either sentimental or the it cost a lot of money reasons) is to take a deep breath and just get rid of the stuff, give it away, toss it, whatever... it is hard for about thirty seconds and then you will feel great!!! Good luck ;)
Happy New Year!
I say throw it on eBay as one bulk lot (or 2 if you have a real lot!) I did that, and got rid of the rest of my stuff just before Christmas last year! It feels amazing!!! I felt the same as you (Not wanting to throw it away) but it came down to, I was running out of space, and Digital was taking over my life, so it was gathering dust and I was feeling sorry for it! LOL
Whatever you do with it, best of luck & I hope 2008 is a good one for you!!!
aww thanks Jezza - hope you have a wonderful 2008 as well!!! I am thinking that I will go through it see what I want to keep and ditch the rest - either on ebay or to the local op shop. (or wait and find out if my brother is having a garage sale before he moves house LOL)..
And YAYAY Miz Jodie is back in town!!! Hope you have lots of photos to show missy!!
awesome photo ms peta... love your work (i think i've said that too many times before :-S ) happy new year...I've been offline for a while but hope to catch up with the online world very soon! checked out the pics on flikr... loving them!
Shelley :)
Ok-that was me.. I made a boo boo with the spelling of a few words-LOL...
Anyway-what I was saying in a Nutshell-is loving your work.. You go girl..
Love this photo way-much!! Hoarder? What? You?? Really? You and I are NOTHING alike.... rofl!!!
I've spent the week shreading paperwork from the eighties and nineties that I just don't have the space for anymore. I bet tomorrow I'll want to look up how much I paid for something back in the shreaded shreds. lol
Post a Comment