Monday, January 7, 2008

somethings got to give

Well news in the land of Peta.

1. I'm addicted to flickr. And loving it of course. I actually had the biggest giggle the other day when I posted into a newbie group/thread and got told 'off' because I couldn't be a newbie. Was mainly the fact that I watermark all my photos and it's not a common thing for 'newbies' to do... I just thought it was the funniest thing ever. I didn't quite really think about it but with my scrapbooking and graphic design background some of my 'skills' are more advanced then what a newbies are (as I know photoshop so well).... The project 366 are lots of fun and I'm enjoying that part of it all.

2. My computer broke. Twice. After the ipod incident - my computer started to turn off for no reason what so ever. By the next day it would basically not even turn on at all. So yesterday it officially went to silicon heaven to be with the calculators hehe... (you have to be a red dwarf fan to get that reference I guess).... Then my darling boyfriend came and rescued me from total and complete insanity. He pulled my computer apart (after all what damage could he do - it was already dead!)... a new motherboard later (taken from an old computer of Stacy's) and I'm back annoying you all. It's not a permante fix I will have to go get a new computer. Which was confirmed even more today when get this - my monitor gave up and went all silly colours bar white. Looking at a bright green/blue or yellow screen was not pleasant. I've managed to steal a stand in for now... but yes this weekend it's off computer shopping - YAY.

These latest events have lead me to worry that I am computerly cursed this year - I blew up my sisters computer when I was down there!! So maybe I should go take up knitting or something?!

3. My weekend wasn't all computer bits though. Saturday Stacy came over to spend time with me and we decided to head down to the beach to dust off the cameras given that it's been raining for so long and we haven't been able to take them out (it was sunny here so we thought it would be good - wrong - was overcast down the coast - doh!) We went to Coolangatta - mainly because wanted to take some night shoots of the fair rides that I saw on the drive back from sydney...... we spent the afternoon takeing beach/landscape photos and waiting around untill it got dark enough for me to take my night time photos... Sadley the fair sucked (it was like a ghost fair- due to rain/end of tourist season), hardley any of the rides where operating so I didn't manage to get the photos I was after. I did though enjoy the day all up and have some great photos regardless.

That's really about it ..... here are some of my most recent photos....





3 comments:

Jodie said...

Glad your computer came back from heaven hun :) I've tried and tried but I just can't see you knitting somehow ;)

Dee said...

ooh lovely! Love the pretty flower & the moth!

Oooh new computer shopping is fun though ... expensive yes but fun!

I think I may have to have a proper look at flickr see what all the fuss is about ;)

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Hmmm, remind me never to invite you to my place to play on the puters... ;) *giggle* Hope you're back in action properly again soon!