Friday, January 18, 2008

simplifying life

well my blog's feed list at least. I went through all the blogs I subscribe to and deleted off those that I don't actually read anymore (and those that no one actually updates anymore - I found one that hadn't been updated since Feb 2007!!) . I have gone from having a list of 43 - to 19!

The ratio of photography blogs to scrapbooking blogs is increasing. I can sense that life is going to be a lot less about scrapbooking this year. Don't get my wrong I still adore it, but at the end of the day the girls aren't close by anymore so I don't really have all that many photos like I use to. I'm kind of 'over' the digital community on a whole, quite frankly once you have seen the ugly side of something it's hard to look at it in the same way again. Maybe in a year or two when I have my own source of inspiration to document their lives I'll be creating something everday and caught right back up in it.

For now, I'm more caught up with work - teaching others how to use photoshop now - trying to get my design work up and running (looking for full time work also) - and trying to get my photography to where I want it.

I have achieved so much out of scrapbooking - it will never be that far from my life really. I'm sure I'll scrap from time to time - but I'm not living and breathing it like I once use to.

1 comment:

Sara Pearcy said...

Hear, hear!!

We really are at a similar place ATM, aren't we?

xx S.