I think I have a thing...
for macro photography- me thinks I'm going to have to invest in a macro lens next (when I'm working and earning bucket loads of money that is!)
The first shoot - I'm just going to totally be lazy and copy and paste what I put up on flickr..
When I was walking home today I caught sight of a bee on a flower I was 'praying' that he would stay there long enough for me to get my camera out of my handbag... what a relief he did. I got off a few shoots - went to try and take one from 'above' - just as I took the photo the wind blew and a piece of long grass got in the way and caused the focus to go all 'screwy'. I was holding my breath as I didn't want to disturb the bee and slowly lent in to try and move the grass out of the way (okay so I went to pull on it to get rid of it) - the movement bumped the flower and suddenly the bee - feel off the flower.... I was struck with the "ohh no it was dead and just siting there, no wonder it didn't move!" ... So i put the camera away and walked off back home.
Processing the photo in lightroom I zoomed in to get a look at the detail of him and was looking at how his poor little legs where just hanging there and thinking to myself 'Wow I can't believe he was just hanging on that steam like that, kind of freaky."
It actually took longer then I really want to admit to, to notice that something just wasn't 'right' about the flower..... it wasn't until I looked at the bee's head and saw something stuck behind his 'ear' that I looked closer..... and there it was, the explanation for everything - A white spider had actually been killing the bee at the time - poor Bee.





4 comments:
Ow man Peta...that photo freaked me out this morning - but I'm much more sensitive right now than usual so that's probably why...
oh nice catch! though when I read your post title in my blog lines this morning the first thing I thought of was that you had some terrible disease! LOL
Wow, how amazing! I've never seen a white spider before, and didn't even see it until I read what you wrote!
lol - funny, first thing I noticed was the spider... then I went back and read the post and had a laugh.
ps. I've been trying to phone you.
Post a Comment