for want of a better word
Wow.
It's been so long I don't know what to do when I have nothing to do!!! Yes it's offical - I have nothing to do. I decided after about an hour at 'work' yesterday that I just couldn't keep my sanity (the very little of it that I had left) any longer if I continued to work there. So by lunch time I was out of there and free as a bird. Some might think I'm crazy given that it was $$ after all, and we all know we need those. But I decided that mentaly I just couldn't do it for the next two weeks, there was just something a little bit uncomfortable about being let go from a job yet still being there and teaching someone else to fill the job I had been doing.
Another good thing to come out of all this is the fact that I'm really not just siting around doing nothing ..... I'll admit to not being very 'gun-ho' about looking for work in the past, becasue basically I had gotten use to my life how it was. But not this time baby, I most certainly don't want to be here in three months time - let alone one or two.
I'd still have other things to do. I'm finally going to get to work on my Dad's website, I may even get to work on my own. I have a new article to write for Up2scraps for 2008 (I got asked to write again for them in 2008 - so you'll still be seeing me in there along with a new addition to the Digital section - will be fun!) along with my last Point Shoot Play class for 2007 and some blog playing around for Megan and Richard (I haven't forgoten Megan! hehe). So busy bee still.
Today I finally got in my portfolio for TAFE next year (to study photography part time) so keep your fingers crossed for me ove that one (Well for me and Sara as we are both applying for the same course).
So all is still good on this end of the computer screen. Hope you are all doing well also.



2 comments:
I'm glad you've come out the "other side" with a positve look Peta.. sometimes the dollars are just not worth it and how we feel is much more important.
s. :)
Sounds like the right decision :)
Post a Comment