Thursday, November 15, 2007

maxed out my Credit Card

Well I'm now official in debt!!

I maxed out the plastic tonight. Which I counted as lucky when I realised as I buckled myself into the car seat that I had left my handbag back at the side walk restaurant that we had just had dinner at. As Stacy ran back to the restaurant to check for me I thought to myself "Well at least they can't spend anything on my credit card, I've already done that"

Now how on earth did I forget my handbag .... and why is my credit card maxed out...

Well simple. I forgot my handbag because I was too busy protecting my Canon 40d that I had just maxed out my credit card buying. You see there was no way after buying that baby that I was just going to leave the bag/box/camera in the car as we went off to Fasta Pasta to have dinner. No, I of course took it all with me to play with protect it. So my hands when leaving the table where a bit preoccupied.

And joy of joy Stacy came back with my handbag. Seems the lovely girl at Fasta Pasta who was clearing our table found my bag and had run off to 'catch' us (but run in the wrong direction). I have to say the Service at the Mount Gravatt Fasta Pasta was wonderful, pity I didn't like my dinner - but Stacy loved his and has actually taken the rest of mine home in a doggie bag to have for lunch tomorrow.

So the camera - I was a bit hesitant to get a 'grey' import - I wanted one that I could take back to Canon it self if need be. So this kind of meant I would have to give the cheap online stores a miss and ebay as well. For those in Brisbane - I ended up with Photo Continental... and I have to say while I could of got things cheaper else where, I'm happy with the deal I got.

I got the Canon 40d Body {deerrr} - a ef 50mm f/1.8 11 lens (just a baby little prime lens that looks so cute on my big kick ass 40d body - Stacy kept laughing at my big camera with it's little lens!) and a 4g series 3 scan disk card - and paid just under $2,000. Certainly not the "best" deal out there but for all my peace of mind I'm happy to pay for that.

I can't wait to have time to play with it now (Mel I can't work this weekend - sorry HEHE }. I also can't wait to get a zoom lens - a macro lens - a flash unit.... ohh and a camera bag as well. ohh guess I will have to work this weekend to pay for all this. Damn you materialism!!

So as you can guess you'll be seeing a few pictures on here soon I'm sure.... Hmm maybe I'll take the camera with me to work tomorrow.......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on that new baby, girl!! I know this has been a long time coming for you- eat it up!! :)

Shelley said...

Glad you finally got what you wanted Peta! Can't wait to see your pics!

Shelley :)

Jodie said...

Way to go !!!!

Petrina McDonald said...

Lucky you Peta! Good on you :o)

Bel said...

YAY! your new baby. Have fun sweet cheeks.

A said...

Ha Ha.. Congrates on your new arrival LOL

Sara Pearcy said...

YeeeeeHHAAAAAAA!!! When's the christening?? I wish you all the joy in the world with the happy new addition to your family!!

(Yes, I do count my Canon DSLR as one of my children too!!)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.