a girl needs to accessorise
Just a week after buying my camera - I went and brought her new things already!!
I had a good excuse reason for this though. You see today we where graced by another flying day visit from my Sister and her family. So that of course meant LOTS of photos to take of the girls!!! (well mainly Jenna) and for this I knew I would want a more 'zoomy' lense [but not super zoomy]. I did a bit of research and came upon a great review online about the best lenses for digital slr's, I would actually recommend the full site to anyone who is looking at buying a Digital SLR the site is - The Best Digital SLR Guide - I found it very helpful through out the whole process of buying my camera, it was even the site that sent me getting my 50mm lens as well.
In the 'best SLR lens' section, the site said that one of the best lenses for taking portrait photos with a Canon is the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD I then searched around and found a lot of positive feedback on this lens. So I figured this would be a good starting point for my 'kit' as well.
See - here is my pretty new lens (well not mine - but photo of one that looks like mine!) I of course also got a uv filter for this as well (figured why not!)
So now I have two lenses.... and guess what that means. Well my girls going to need a nice little camera bag to keep her dry safe and warm isn't she!! I was just going to get something 'cheap' and get another bag latter on when I had the time to do more research on what type of bag to get. But looking at the bags and taking the comment Sara had made below about the Crumpler and Lowpro I decided to take her advice and I ended up getting myself a Crumpler, well I also took Stacy's advice to about what was the point of saying $80 on a "cheap" bag to only come back again and spend more again on another bag.
This is what my baby's home looks like.

Funny thing was that Rick showed up today [as all my sisters friends descend on us when they are here as well] and had the EXACT same bag - colours and all. I told him that we would have to double check that he had taken the right bag home before he left. To which then his wife Megan pointed out that it would more be that I would have to make sure as they would quite happily take home my 40d HAHA!
My bank balance is groaning at me now. I think savings are going to have to be given a breather to recover before I go buy anything new. Guess I should also spend some money on Christmas pressies for everyone two given this year I do have a bit more money and can afford to spend a little more on gifts.
Will be back during the week - if not tomorrow with photos from the weekend I'm sure!!
Hope you are all having a good weekend - and for you aussies - that you aren't swearing to much over Labour Wining the Election or Celebrating to hard because Labour Won the Election.




1 comment:
Oooh, the Six Million Dollar Home. Nice!! See, I LOVE Crumpler!! Good choice!
Yep, I'm still in mourning over the election. I'll quietly go now and read your other posts before seeing you tonight. :D
xx S.
Post a Comment