what drives me nuts about digi
I have to say it there are a few things that drives me nuts about this hobby. The biggest thing - which is also the greatest thing - is that digi is so world wide. You can be on a creative team with people from France, Africa, USA, England, Denmark, Canada, Japan .. and so and so forth.
While some digi forums/stores wil have their 'roots' in one country they will have members and shoppers from all around the world.
It's mind blowing really. And I think that's to some degree what separates it from Paper scrapping. You don't 'truly' get the same mix in my opinion, although there are sites out there that will have people from all around the world in them I know - but still it's not quite the same thing.
So getting back to what drives me nuts.
Is trying to work out what times things are on, or having to miss some great chat because I'm at work - or worse asleep! Trying to work out - now does that sale ending tomorrow - or did it end today?! What time is it on the other side of the world - is Lauren awake or still asleep?
Drives me nuts.
I had three of these today.
1. - Lauren had her goodbye chat at Scrapartist - I hope you have all gone to check out her sale!! - But I couldn't be at the chat because I had to go to work and I didn't think me going into chat at work would be a good carear move.
2. I wanted to post about Michelle Pearsons awesome Action sale - but I didn't get around to it when I wanted and now I'm not sure if it's still on or not, if it will end before everyone over 'here' wakes up or what. So - Go check out this post on Michelle's blog - and see if you can work it out.... http://www.xpressionsbymichelle.com/eyecandy/ post called new site.
3. I got an email today that started out with "Can you believe it's fall already" and to which my smart ass mind respond -"No I can't, seeing as it's spring here." Now don't get me wrong. I know I know. But still it BUGS the crap out of me that when things are sent to - and intended for an INTERNATIONAL audience that no 'thought' is given to the fact that - umm the rest of the world does not do the same things or even have the same seasons. Yes yes - I said I know. I think it is 'vital' for BUSINESS to keep in mind when doing their 'marketing' who there marketing too and try to 'encompass' that market .
Okay getting off the soap box now before you all kick me off it.
In other wonderful news..... nope that's all I got. Just a rant. Maybe come back tomorrow and I'll do up a big 'what peta's been spending her money on" post - as someone has gone a little digi crazy and partaken in one or ten sales and digi shops since her bank account could stay above $0 - just don't tell stacy - K!!!



2 comments:
Yes well I'm totally time zoned challenged... and have to say it does bug me that I miss stuff.
I didn't get into digi scrapping until I moved to the states and I gotta say I think about you girls all the time. I know how hard it can be to be on the other side of the world.
I promise to do the best I can to be an ambassador for Aussie scrappers while I am in the US time zone (although even the East Coast/West Coast thing gets to me sometimes).
Have a great Day (and, yes, it is nightime here now. :)).
Post a Comment