Monday, October 1, 2007

so many titles so little space

okay first things first - the wedding was so much fun! I am so happy that my foot didn't give up on me. Maybe it was the fact that I went and spent $240 on a new pair of sneakers?! I didn't really mention it to Jodie - but my foot REALLY played up at dreamworld. I was ready to chop it off by lunch. [my foot that is] and was very achy for a few days after. I think part of that reason was down to crappy sneakers. So I didn't want that to happen at the wedding so I made the last minute choice to go and get some new shoes. I so didn't like having to spend so much money [hate paying anything over $100 for a pair of shoes - let alone over $200!!] - but was something I had to do and it paid off [sorta - it did rub in one place and isn't a 'fix' - but will do for now]

Back to the wedding - it was a LONG day. Up at 6 - over to the Brides place by 7 for photos. Left there at 8 to get to the Golf Club where the ceremony was being held [ceremony at 9] got some quick snaps of the boys then the Bride was there. The ceremony was beautiful - can not fault a thing. Well other then the fact it was 9 in the morning and way to hot for a spring day [damn you climate change!] After the ceremony it was off in golf buggies to get some shots around the golf course - now that was fun!! Back at the club house by 11 to eat [yeap we even got feed - how cool is that?!] I got some really cool shoots of the lolly table - I want one of these at my wedding [when ever I have one!] the table consisted of all different jars filled with lollies that guest came up to after brunch and helped themselves to - there was little noddle boxes to fill up with all the goodies.

I have to say the whole wedding was just wonderful everyone was very friendly and the Bride and Groom where just really lovely people. AND OMGOSH the wedding gown was just soooo stunning and so prefect for Bree [the bride] and you should of seen also Bree's mum's outfit I was so taken with it that I had to take a close up shot of the detail of it! Both outfits where specially made and where just so stunning.

The bridal party was so much fun and mainly because it was made up of KIDS there was 3 flower girls and three page boys - no bridesmaids - and four groomsmen. The kids certainly made the day also I had fun getting some silly shoots of them. I have to say - although I haven't seen them out of the camera yet - my fav has to be the series of photos I got of all three page boys sitting the couch in the entry to the reception just being silly.

We actually stayed through the reception as we where heading off afterwards with just the Bride and Groom to take photos in the city. The reception ended at 4 - then about a 30 min drive to get into the city.... LONG DAY!!

But was soooo worth it all. I hopefully got some good shoots - we filled enough memory cards. I have to say I wasn't ready for how much my arms and hands would hurt afterwards. Towards the end of the day when I went to pick up the camera's my arms certainly protested and did not want to move at all by the end of the day.

So I had a great time and can't wait to see the photos 'done' - but don't know if I will get to see them any time soon 0r if I will ever be able to share any of them.

..... it has definitely made me even more keen to follow this road. I had a ball it is very hard work - very stressful also - after all if you fuck up when you really can't go back and do it again can you? I really want to know more about how to get the 'right' photo more times then not :) ie know more about what I am doing and how to get what I want out of the camera..

I really wanted to play with some photos tonight. ... so I dusted off some photos I have been meaning to come back to. These are photos that I took a few weeks [well more then a few now] ago with Bellie and Anique.... and some Abbi photos also. Abbie belongs to Chantelle - who I know through Bellie - I've decided steal her for my friend also as Chantelle has EXTREMELY good taste in music/moves/tv shows and okay friends seeing as she's friends with Bellie.

I'm being naughty and posting these here as I'm going to see how long it takes Bellie to find them ... and see if it prompts a certain person to come out from the woodwork and comment on here - *pokes chantelle* ... hey girls we so need another coffee get together - i'll bring my own mint slices hehe. :P








No comments: