Friday, October 26, 2007

am I really that crazy.

Yes Jodie - I know - do I really need to ask that question?!

I'm driving myself crazy at the moment. You see, now that I'm working and actually having money to SAVE not just live on, I've gone a tiny bit mad. I'm sure you'll think that I've been going mad in spending money all over the place now that I have it right?! Well - you wouldn't be alone in that. I thought that's what I would do too. But nope. I have gone the other way. I'm going mad saveing money.

Seriously. If you knew me well you would know how much of a surprise this is I NEVER save. I spend.

But now I get all 'odd' about putting money into my saveings account. Basically I'm still living off the same type of $$ I was when I wasn't working and puting every last cent I can squeeze into my saveings account... why - what am I saveing for you ask.... NOTHING. I just like going into my bank account - five or six [ten or twelve] times a day and seeing how much I have in saveings now and working out - now do I really need $130 for the week or can I half that and put $65 in my saveings...

I have been buying things - my dvd collection has increased in size. I've purchased a few new photography mags. Odd bits here and there. but still nothing "big" - I haven't run out and updated my four year old mobile phone like I have wanted every since it was it was just one year old.

I have reasearched laptops to DEATH and was going to buy myself a laptop. I searched and searched for the perfect one [ one that had 2g ram, had a decent amount of HD -160- and also had a good graphics card... ] and when I found it - and at a good price [$1599 - with room to bargin it down more] all I had to do was drain out my bank account and hand over the money... and nope not going to happen. I talked myself out of it and decided I really didn't 'need' one did I.....

There is one thing that will have me break my saveings account. One thing that at the right pice and by right I mean 'cheap as chips', to good to pass up kind of prise... I will break open the piggy bank for a Canon 40d. I AM getting a camera. Just don't let me think to long on the fact that I'll then also have to spend money on buying lenses, memory cards. Let alone that my computer will need a serious update to handle editing raw photos...

Lucky I'll be busy for the next month and not be able to get near any stores! - Although ebay will still exist damn them!!

So yes. My money is all safely tucked back up in my savings account. Is it sad that I'm getting more joy out of seeing it in my bank account then the actually process of spending it?!?!

I actually look forward to the day that I can 'spend' it and not 'stress' about it. Till then. I'm off to go have one last look at my saveings total before I go to bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!
Ohh and nearly forgot - I did another layout - yay me!! Paper is from Nancy Comelab- Flowers and swirls from Dani Mogstad, Alpha from Jan Crowley

4 comments:

Jodie said...

OOOH I LOVE that layout !!! And you crazy??? NEVER;)

Bel said...

oh no, you've turned into me!! seeing that massive amount of money in your bank account is addictive huh, and you wont wanna see the numbers go down. saving is a great thing.

Unknown said...

Fabulous layout!
I had to just drain my own savings account last month...needed a new car...well, new to me anyway, lol. I am seriously depressed about the no balance in the savings now! So nope, not crazy at all!

Anna said...

First of all Peta that layout IS amazing. And second since I am an accountant by day I have to say that saving is not at all crazy ... but spending it on a 40D does indeed sound like heaven, and with your photog. skills I'm thinking it would be more of an investment in your future :)