Wednesday, September 12, 2007

what is it about jim and life??

Okay I crack me up. Hey if I can't laugh at myself what hope is there for me? I was doing a bit of a look back to my September 2006 posts as I wanted to double check my Digi Designer Anniversary While I was there I read some of my posts and had a bit of a giggle at myself and the things I wrote. I'm such a dork - a big sappy goofy in love dork!!

So anyways I noticed one of the posts titles is " there is life jim" I laughed at this and had to come back to monday's post to double check what I used for that title - and it was "that's life Jim". So I did a quick search to see if I had any other posts with that 'phrase' and sure enough in August 2006 there is a "it's life jim" post.

What the hell is with the Jim and life thing???

Seems a song from my youth has firmly planted itself into my brain and will not go away!!! What song you ask?

Well none other then "Star' Trekkin" my memory of this song is the Kruger State School Fate 1988 - I was in grade five, my class did a spaceship kind of thing and us girls all did a dance to this song. I remember I had glow in the dark stuff everywhere -face paint the works. It was a lot of fun. But I think I sang/heard that song a million times... the funnier thing is that I had no idea what Star Trek was back then. And when I do use the "that's life jim" stuff I wonder if anyone knows where that is coming from and if they think I'm a "trekie' cause I'm not!! You won't find any star trek things in my house - or even the houses of my family.

So yes when ever I use the words "It's life Jim" or a mix there of... you can be sure the following is being sung in my poor head....

Star Trekkin', across the universe
On the Starship Enterprise,
under Captain Kirk.

Star Trekkin', across the universe,
Boldly going forward, 'cause we can't find reverse.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow,
starboard bow, starboard bow.
There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow,

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it,
not as we know it, not as we know it.
It's life, Jim, but not as we know it,
not as we know it, Captain.

and thanks to the wonderful world of youtube.... hehe - here ya go.



In other news.

My lolly bag images!!!

Here you go so you can see what is in there!! And there is also two 'surprises' one of which may or may not be a custom made font that is based on my handwriting by the lovely my Kylie Clark..... and the other may or may not be a code for 40% off any LPD purchase over $6US [which I think I really only set to $5AU but shh don't tell anyone!!]

So anyways - here you go!!!





Ohh and lastly - Was kind of cool on friday at work we changed over the email signature for work emails. Took out the old designers name and put mine in. So now when I send out emails to people it says

Peta Stokes
Graphic Designer

So yeap now it's official my work title is "Graphic Designer"

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I say that a little sarcastically because that song used to get stuck in my head back then so I know I will have it playing over and over again in my head for the next few days. LOL

Lisa said...

ARRRRGH This is the FIFTH attempt to fill in the word thing properly!!

LOL I used to LOVE that song as a kid :) Like you, no-one in my family watched Star trek, I just loved the puppets. AND the other wek I actually heard it on the radio (Triple M) and I pumped it so lound and was singing it all day :) Travis wasn't very impressed ;) And yes I have noticed your use of "it's life Jim" titles and every time I see it, I start singing "well, it's life Jim, but not as we know it.. not as we know it.. not as we know it... ROTF:

katef said...

oh man now I have that song firmly in my head and it won't go away!!

Peta said...

hehe :P sorry girls!! I had it stuck in my head all day today as well!! Was very annoying!!

I seem to have a thing with 'life' quotes - I know another of my fav's is "Life don't talk to me about Life" rofl [dogulas adams]

now off to find another annoying song to get stuck in your heads :P

Sara Pearcy said...

Rwahahhaa!! I've had this song stuck in my head since it came out in '86!! Even funnier, I found the original video clip, too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esfsignal%2Ecom%2Farchives%2F005371%2Ehtml

One of MY common sayings is, "we come in peace" (then I have the "shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill...." rolling around MY head.

Bel said...

you do know that star trekkin has a film clip? its a claymation one. will have to find it