Monday, July 23, 2007

Hello Mr Crazy stalker man please find me "here"

I am I have to say totaly and unbelievable amaved at just how *stupid* - okay I was going to go with thoughtless - but damit I'm going with stupid becasue quite frankly it is one of the stupidest things to do in this day and age!!

Okay what I earth am I ranting about now you ask....

I was off having good old surf around some digi places I haven't really been to.

I came accross this map on one blog - Add where you are from in the digi work map thing... [i'm sure some of you will know where this is and it's not directed at all at the person who has set this up ... ]

But my gosh - I can not believe that I found in there.

People!! Yes, People ..... .GIVING LOCATIONS TO *EXACTLY" where they live - house and all!!! I near feel off my seat I wanted to walk over to them and knock on their door and go "hello I'm Mr stalker man I found you cause you where stupid enough to tell me where you lived!!!" ....

I mean serioulsy?!! - name/usernames - photos - little dotties to what street and what house in what state what country.

Would you like to make it any easier?! Email me personaly with the exact house number and full directions?! Hey maybe even send me a key so I can just let myself in ... ohh and how about the details of your credit cards and pin numbers- have to pay for the air fare over there....! {hehe}

I can go read you blog, read your posts, look through your gallery at your chidren work out if you are where you just pin pointed yourself to be and decide if I want to stalk you or not.

Kind of reminds me of that email that often floats around, you know the one of the young girl that goes home after school to an empty house - chats to someone online gives out kind of 'clues' to who she is and where she is from and then a guy turns up on the door and says how he tracked her down - and luck it's just some 'concerned citerzine' {hey the email I'm sure is a phox - but doesn't make the message any less valued}........ if you don't know the email I'm talking about - wow you're lucky I've been getting that one my whole 'email life' haha.

So back to my rant. I just couldn't believe it. In an age where we should not be so 'free' about giving out our personal details to just any old body that people would not think - Ohhh maybe putting my username on a map showing the exact state/street/ LET ALONE HOUSE I live in might not be a good idea...... seeing as the main hobby this is associated with is showing off pictures of my children!!

Good Grief!!

I know I try my 100% best to make sure that I don't leave any information about *where* my nices are *exactly*..... Very few people would be able to tell you their last name - let alone what their mother and fathers names are!!! {have you ever noticed I don't often referer to them by 'name' - I try not to!}

When I first started scrapping - scrapping with a P for paper - I use to read a few scrapbooking mags and of course as we all know there are some people out there who are published so often that you get to know their childrens faces - get to *know* about them.... I was even surprised back then when I realised that I could tell you where one family liked to go for weekend outings - on holidays - where the girls went to school - what grades there where in and a whole host of other bits of information about these children and their familys. I had to ask myself - how dagerous would that information be in the hands of some sicko?!

I sore blind then you'd never see photos of the girls in school uniforms or outside their school yard.

*end of rant*

I might go scrap a layout that has a photo of the house I live in on it - want to make it as easy I can for Mr Stalker Man - would hate for him to think I live next door!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

wow.. who in their right mind would DO something like that!? Crazy......

katef said...

oh yeah that is crazy!

I am careful.. not to the point of paranoia... I am ok with my kid's photos being online, and I am ok with using their names on my blog or LOs... but I never publish their last name (which is different to mine btw) and I careful to be ambiguous about where we live and no way I'd ever post images of them in school uniform (when they get that old) or sports team photos.. or stuff like that. I like to share, but only up to a point!