can't feel my feet
note to self - remember to pack slippers!!!
ARGH!! hehe.
Have gone to visit the parent types and left my slippers at home *cry* Damn winter!
I don't know what I waned to post about - got distracted with my feet.... I'm sure it wasn't very exciting anyways.
What have you all been up to this week?
I've not done to much. Just messing around lately and trying to get things and plans sorted. A very 'where to from here' moment.
I've had a few design things come up of late and it really is cementing for me what a good idea it was to go and do my graphic studies. Although It's also showing me just how much I still have to and - want to learn about the whole thing. I wish there had of been less 'crap' on 3D animation and 'Graphic Desing History" and more on "pracitical stuff' - like how to set up a secure website!! - but I'm sure I can learn that if I put my mind to it.
There is still so much I want/need to learn. I was more codeing skills for one. I want to tinker a little bit in zen chart to just get my head around that. Also typepad and wordpress stuff... Things that I know will be of benfit to me and the road I wish to work down.
I have actually been playing with someone's website lately. I won't say who's - cause I don't know if I'm allowed to haha. Actually I've enjoyed the challenge of it. So far I've designed a new logo and also created the front page to the site - next up are banners and blinkies!!! {fun fun fun} I love playing with other peoples stuff lol. I can't wait till it's all done and I can show you all. I don't know who's actually getting the best deal out of this though - me or her. Becasue of course this 'person' is getting a new logo/homepage/banner and blinkies .... but me I'm getting experience the ablity to just 'play' and also quite frankly - do something that is actually out side my 'style' - and more to a customer/clients.
I've also got my first 'contracted' website to build. It's actually for something totaly out of left feild... a website a business that specailises in Bristish Cars. - Okay so it's my Dad's website but I'm offically being paid for it!! HAHA. {and I'm a mean daughter and so not giving family discount - mainly casue I know what a PITA my dad will be to work for haha.) His bookeeper 'stressed' the need for me to invoice the business the other day so I can get paid for it all. To which I rolled my eyes and hit his bookeeper over - okay maybe I didn't hit him - I might of kissed him once or twice though [-yes - Stacy does my dad's books!] So a very 'offical' jobie. I think I also have to redesign their logo too. We had a little website pow-wow last night and again - having to do things more his way then my own [which really is what it's all about at the end of the day - casue it's not *my* website is it - it's his and should be fitting to what *he* want's] It'll be quite a challenge and a bit of work but I'm up for it and again it's kind of 'nice' that it's for someone I know so a little bit of pressure is off, but still I'll be treating it as if it was a real job [casue it is!]!
I've also got a meeting tomorrow with Richard - the guy who's website I did as part of my tafe studies [the site that I won my award for!! HEHE] and we are going to go over what needs to be done to make the site 'live' for him and of course if they happy with whats there, any changes that are needed and the informtion that is currently missing added in.
So really this design thing is already starting to nibble at my toes [lucky they are frozen cold at the moment I can't feel the bites hehe]. I have another fun project under consideration - in the planning stages... I hopeing that it'll all be officalised soon as I'm very excited about this one... just waiting on an email and a few things to fall into place. Trying not to get carried away with myself but that's me - can't be helped. Hopefuly it will all work out.
So anyone else want a website desinged?! A logo? A blinkie? A banner? A newsletter!? haha....



3 comments:
I would, but I'm afraid I can't afford you ROFL.
I think my MSN space is pretty funky NOT!!!!! lol no website for me. Will just have to look at lots of yours.
Luv bel.
Oh your poor frozen toes gave me a giggle... as I sat here in front of one of my FOUR heaters ;)... Hope you warm up soon HUN!
Glad you having some fun with designs, web sites, blinkies etc Peta. Sounds like loads of fun.
Have a great week and keep warm:)
Love from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx
Post a Comment