Friday, June 15, 2007

Is it a first?!

Okay I have to have a quick little brag.

There is a new scrapbooking for beginners magazine out on the Australian market at the moment - I'm sure those who have looked through the scrapbook section of their local newsagency have seen the scrapbooking for beginners type magazines that are brought out as 'specail' issues. [by the same people who bring out Scrapbooking Creations]

There is a new 'version' - by the same people - and it's called Scrpabooking Basics no 1. [look for it - it's blue! - I did want to put up a image of it but can't find one on the site - damn universal publishing!].

Now when you open up this baby and have a look inside you will find in the list of features "Go Digital with Peta Stokes" .... HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT!! - and of course then up the back of the mag is a how to article from me with a cute little layout of Leah! [using my attitude kit!]

I can't say 100% as I've never looked through all the Scrapbooking Beginner mags, but to my knowledge this is the first time digital has been included in a 'specials' mag! And I'm pretty blown away by the fact it's my name, my article and my niece there.... I just hope those who do read the article can understand it haha!

And if that's not all I have to brag about. My next lot of Articles are out for Up2scraps!!! BOY was that a challenge!!! - I was so scared when I got my brief when I read what they wanted me to do...... 3 layouts and three articles with a HERITAGE!!! theme. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't class myself as having any 'style' when it comes to scrapping - all I say is that I know what I'm not - and that's a heritage girl. While I stil think that stands - my layouts for Up2scraps where some of my favs in a long time. It's a shame I can't show you them here.

BUT - If you'd love a sneaky at one of the layouts that are in there and to read [*gulp*] a bit of what I write for Up2Scraps - you can check out one of my how to's online....Check it out - HERE

Pretty cool hey?!

I've been a berry lucky Possum!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's very impressive Peta. Mega congratulations. I'm getting ready to be excited at seeing my first layout published by Scrapbooking Memories but you're in a whole different class.
You should be proud and thrilled.

Nicole said...

Congratulations. That is fantastic! I'll have to take a look when I travel home in August.

Shelley said...

Congratulations Peta.. it was always going to happen - you rock girl!

Shelley :)

Grace said...

OMG - I bought this and only had a quick glance (been too busy to read it). So glad you pointed this out hun otherwise I would've totally missed it! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Peta! I'll be sure to pick it up later today! :) You rock!