Saturday, June 23, 2007

I don't care what it takes

I'm going to do this.

I'm going to see this dream through. Damn Richard for putting this in front of me and giving me the 'taste' for it.

Okay I hinted about more studies in my last post. Can you guess what they might be?! Off to photo school for me. I want to not just be able to fluke those great photos - I want to know what I'm doing, now how to get that great photo 8/10 instead of 5/10 [okay maybe 2/10 haha]. And I know a lot of it will be learning through experience and self learning. But I don't just want to be one of these people who get a digital camera - get photoshop and suddenly think they can call themselves a photographer. Now I know there are many people out there that are great photographers and have never 'studied' but I think if you look a lot of them have been in some way involved in photography for a very long time, some have even grown up with it as it runs in the family. But me - I never really owned my own camera [and I still don't ROFLMAO!] ... So I think for me - for my own peace of mind I have to start somewhere. And this will be it.

I can't wait!

I just love taking photos of people. I have often sat people watching and just wanted to take photos of people. Been on the bus or train across from someone and just imagined photos I could take of that person. The images I could create. I love it. I would love to wallk up to some random stranger and go "I'd love to take your photo" haha. Maybe one day I just might!

So why am I blabbering on about this today?! Well you see Stacy and I went to a wedding this afternoon - and instead of making goey lovey dovey faces at my boy I was actually makeing lovey dovey faces at his camera HAHA. To which he happily handed over the camera and let me go [he rather take landscape photos then actual people] I remember all the things Rick told me when he let me run off with his camera at Jenna's christening so I set the camera up for church photos, put on the big lens and had a ball!!!

The wedding was of a friend of Stacy's from Uni so I didn't really know anyone other then the Groom and one of the Guests [Bec] So I was just off on my own taking photos leaving stacy to talk to Bec.

Outside I had even more fun. I kept the big lens on as I didn't want to get in any ones way. It was so cool at one point I was snapping a couple of photos of the page boy and his Dad noticed and came over and gave me his business card to email him the photos to. Then, Bec happened to say to Stacy that wouldn't it be cute to stick the page boy up one of the tree's.... as in have a shot of him climbing a tree... His Dad overheard this and thought it was a great idea. Moments later I was standing there taking photos of him in a three. We actually managed to steal attention away from the bride and groom [whopps] and in a 'break' from group photos the wedding photographer actually came over and snapped his own shots of Josh [the page boy] in the trees. Later on the way home Stacy mentioned that he noticed the wedding photographer came and 'honned' in on my photoshot HAHA.

Now I'm at home playing with my photos. They aren't 'great' there are so many things I'm picking at them for and a few went in the rubbish bin. I actually hope that the photographers shots of Josh in the tree work out really well as I only really like one of mine. [would have been much better if I had the 'normal' lens at that stage but the camera bag was already in the car]

So yes - I had a great time!! And I even have been a little 'silly' with my photos.... hehe... I have 'professionalised them". Hey can I call myself a photographer now?! [nah]









2 comments:

Jodie said...

Love that shot of the ring... and the page boy is so cute :)

Anonymous said...

OH Peta your shots are amazing..... ALL of them. I think photography school is a FABULOUS idea, as you can tell by the shots that you have talent and most important......you LOVE it!