Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I laughed so hard I pee'd myself

Well no not really but I was very thankful for intermission so I could make a run for the bathroom because if they had of kept going I just might have!!!

What on earth am I on about you ask?!

Well last night my darling boy took me to see the Melbourne Comedy Roadshow. Let me just say if the roadshow hasn't hit you're area yet - you so have to go see it!! It was a very good night!!

The one most responsible for the near wetting of my pants was a guy by the name of "Charlie Pickering" - which is very apt seeing as in his opening intro he spoke about the fact when he slipped a disk in his back he wee'd himself from the pain. Trust me the whole discussion about this was very funny - but I won't try and tell you the jokes because I'm not nearly as funny and they would lose something in the translation.

Another highlight had to be new comer Josh Thomas. I would go and see in a second either of these two in their own show.

The other three comedian's of the night where very funny also. But just didn't have me on the edge of my seat laughing so hard that I even drowned out the guy next to Stacy who had the best laugh out. It was kind of a relief to be so close to someone else who had a rather loud noticeable laugh - because then I felt I could get away with laughing as much as I liked and no one would know if it was me or him. Yes. I have a unique laugh - not like the crazy hyena women I've heard about in Bundy but yes. I do have very strong vocal cords [as anyone who has ever met me will tell you - I can scream/burp/sing/talk at a good decible range.

Speaking of the women in Bundy, I wonder how often comedians make up stuff about the places they visit. Clearly though the hyena laugh women is not made up as I heard about her at the Danny Bhoy concert we went to last month and again noted a comment On Josh's myspace from someone in bundy mentioning the hyena women there too. Apparently she's a regular feature at the comedy gigs up there - she made Jimmioens' show when he was there according to Danny Boy.. Maybe one day i'll have to go to Bundy to go to a comedy gig just in the hopes that she's there. Would be funny and I'm sure if the comedian sucked I could at least get a laugh out of the women's laugh. Back to topic - I wonder how often they make it all up the funny things they tell you about where they have been. So will Ipswhich be on the bill in the next sure, will they be making jokes about stuff that went on there?! Things that may or may not have happened?!

Now I can't wait to see Ross Noble next month now. Will be making sure to visit the little girls room before the show that time though. As cut it way to close last night! haha. I've also found out Charlie will be at the powerhouse in brissie next month - might have to look into that.. hmm might be wise to not drink anything all day if I go to that.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I've got to find out if they are yet to hit Melbourne! I want to pee my pants too! Lol... Glad you had such a wonderful night!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sure they make the stories up or use ones which they change the names of the places for. But who cares, it all makes for a great show. Sounds like you had afabulous night Peta.