Saturday, May 19, 2007

Broken into Bits

Wow a girl doesn't blog every day she sure piles up on the things she wants to post about. So this post is going to be "Broken into Bits" lol. And yes - Round three of QOTC is here to post as well!!
So lets get on with it,
_________________________________________________
I have Blood Paint on my hands


Yes - I paper scrapped - and I'm going to make no apologies or no claims that I'm "still" a digital girl - cause those kinds of comments pezze me right off when paper girls try digital... kapesh?! Anyways this is actually a hybrid. I had to giggle when I showed this to Miz Jodie on hello and she said it looked paperish... and I had to go umm yeah that's cause it is!!

I've pulled out the paper supplies so often and just looked at them going HUH - moved things around but never been happy with them all that much to actually cut or glue something. Faced with yet another attempt at standing looking at different 12 x 12 papers with different photos i thought to myself 'hey why not try 8.5 x 11" .... why I hadn't thought this before I don't know.

So yesterday I sat down to my scrap table took a deep breath and cut up my page so it was "A4" sized. The layout feel into place in just under an hour. I was sticking things down painting things and not only that... I have another page just waiting for photos on my table. I think I have discovered the secret. I am a 8.5 x 11 paper scrapper. I think doing 12 x 12's digital I'd sit down and look at my 12 x 12 paper pages and want to do what I did on my computer then I would get testy cause it didn't work as well - because I could do it 'better' on here. But changing the size makes me change my creative view point.

So don't be surprised if you see more paint on my hands.
_________________________________________________
What to do what to do

Argh I'm driving myself crazy trying to work out what to do with my scrapbook resume subscription - it's due - over due actually and I have until the end of the month to pay up or get it all taken down. I love having my gallery there, it's nice to have my layouts in one place. But when I think about it logically - why do I need it?
I have never been approached by anyone who has seen my layouts there, never more then one comment in the gallery, the site has fallen a little in the updates department we didn't' get the stats for Janurary until April and nothing else has come of it. My layout was on the front page for months when it was only meant to be there for a week. I have had over 100 on average on a layout, and that makes me wonder who is looking at them?!

The 'jaded' side of me to wonders how many of my layouts have been 'lifted' and being used by other people .. who are claiming the idea's/design as their own.... I'm thinking that the end of my studies I'll most likely have to set up a portfolio site for my 'business' stuff - and how hard would it be then to create a secondary site for all my scrap related stuff... or why not even sign up to typepad and have a new funky cool blog.... but then ...I like having my resume and my little gallery of all my work, would be sad to see that go...

ARGH! What should I do!?!
_________________________________________________
Queen of the Crop Round Three
Vote for Me

Okay so round three is up. Thank you to all those who voted for me!! You're all so sweet. I wish I could give you all a big kiss hehe. I hope I can at the very least make the final!! I feel like I'm cheating myself by not being more 'pro active' in pimping myself out in the digital community by posting more often - or by putting my layouts into ever gallery I can think of - Hell I don't think I've even posted at SBB!!! But it's not in my to do that.
Through this comp I've been trying to 'stick' to my style. Keep the layouts true to who I am and what I do. I was tempted on the one I'm working on at the moment to do a whole "animated' thing - but then I haven't ever done that and I don't think it would be 'true' to my style. So I've gone with something else that is very "Petaish" - I'll give you a clue - there is the colour black in there! haha. I've been challenging myself though to make more into my journaling as it's not something I do all that often with my layouts [although I'm getting more use to it]. So continuing with that I did another 'from the heart' journaling about this weeks topic "The ordinary and Everyday Moments".

Now - I have to say - Please don't forget to vote. I know this might sound silly - but I FORGOT TO VOTE!! Yes - first week I voted for myself - why you ask... Well mainly casue Jodie showed me the goodie bag previews and I wanted them!! ROFL and umm this is a comp I want to win - so I voted for myself vs. voting for someone else - would seem a bit silly to want to win a comp and vote for someone else wouldn't it?! So dam it I missed out on last weeks goodie bag!!!

Journaling:
I think sometimes it's one of the things we take for granted. Physical contact. Something that happens everyday without thought. A touch of the hand, a kiss, a hug. Knowing someone is there. When I was on my own this was the one thing I missed the most. Not having someone in my everyday life to touch. No hands to hold, no cheeks to kiss, no one to just sit close to and know that they where there for me. It was one of the worst parts of being single. This really hit home the day I was on my way home and a stranger accidentally ran into me As we parted ways with rushed sorry's it struck me, that would most likely be my only physical contact with another person for the rest of the week. A shoulder bump with someone else just walking down the city street. I couldn't help but think about how many other people in the world would go without any forms of physical contact that week. The old, the lonely, the unloved. It made me appreciate the very few forms of physical contact I had in my life at that time. Each hug from my nieces meant a million times more. Each touch of skin to skin all that more powerful. Even today I still cherish everyday that I get to physically reach out and touch those I love. And I miss them when they aren't around to touch and hold. It's something I will never take for granted again.

So - in closing:
VOTE FOR ME
hehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peta,

I voted for you again!

~Gemma

Anonymous said...

No need to apologise for having a foot in each scrapbooking camp Peta. many of us do. I find digi easier to get a layout I like but I still like to do the hands-on stuff too. And hybrid is great.
Be proud that you're bi-scraptual.