Monday, May 28, 2007

black and blue

this is only going to be sort because basically I can't sit up for very long.

I had to go to the dreaded dentist again, I had a slight tooth ache and as my last visit to the dentist wasn't "that" bad I thought I would be brave and go fix my tooth before it got toooo painful.

I should of just waited. I could of dealt with THAT pain.

Of course the tooth had to come out. Apparently the tooth hadn't been fixed right five years ago when I had a filling put in and the tooth continued to decay on the inside [yuck] so much so that it had hit a nerve and now the tooth was infected. [which was causing the ouchies when I tried to bite with it]

Now my dentist was a tiny little thing, one stiff breeze and she'd fall over. So needless to say her efforts to pull a tooth that apparently didn't want to come out where not exactly supper fast or supper effective. After an extraordinary amount of pulling, wiggling, cutting, moving from one side of the chair to the other. Stopping because I screamed in pain. etc etc - the tooth finally gave in to her weak assed attempts to remove it and it was out.

I knew the moment I walked out of the surgery on my shaky unsteady legs that I was in for hell when the Novocain wore off. It already hurt.

Sure enough two hours later I was a sobbing mess ringing the poor boy to cry into his answering machine [he was at work].

The worse thing was I still had to go out and do stuff at the shops. I walked around the shops balling my eyes out and didn't care who saw me. IT FREAKING HURT!!

It still does. Panadol kicks in for about 10 short minutes of sweet blissfully tolerable pain and then it's back to being uncomfortable and wishing to kill the dentist for her weakassed tooth removal skills.

I feel like I have been punched in the face. The ice pack doesn't help. I can't open my jaw more the a few spaces - just enough to fit a straw in if I had a straw to stab in there. Eating - forget it It's hard enough getting the tablets down there!

Back to bed to huddle in the fetal position for me.

Trust me when I say this - I have a high pain threshold. So even I'm surprised by how much this f$#$(ing hurts.

7 comments:

Jodie said...

{{{hug}}} the dentist sucks!!!

Penelope said...

Oh Peta...ouch you poor thing!!!

Dianne said...

ow..! that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peta

Susan (smiles1965) from Scrapboxx here. Sorry I've not come to visit your blog for a while.

Also sorry to read about your dental drama. I've had teeth pulled too and I understand how you must feel.

Yes it does hurt and yes the dentist doing the removal needs to be strong enough to pull the tooth out properly and quickly.

I feel your pain and wish I could help. I'm sending you a big friendly hug to show I care.

Last time I had a tooth pulled the gum area wouldn't stop bleeding. I hope you haven't had this as well as the pain.

If you have buy some cotton gauze pads from the chemist and hold one of them on the wound area as strongly as you can for about 10 mins. Change the pad when it's too bloody and repeat with a clean gauze.

If I was you I'd be using something stronger than just Panadol (if you can).

Also as far as eating goes try soft things like scrambled eggs, boiled rice, yoghut, mashed bananas etc. I hope you feel better very soon. Take care of yourself. From Susan xxoo

Shelley said...

Hope you are feeling better Peta!
xx s. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor girl! I know it must hurt like @#%% and I wished there was something I could do to make the pain go away! A big {hugs} perhaps? Here's thousands of them: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} * 1000

Love you, chica! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

OUCHHHH PETA, sorry about the pain and the dental drama......the dentist does indeed suck. And as for your previous blog entry.......well I don't know why you left Tracy's team either....we miss you!!!!!!!!!!! Feel better :)