Monday, April 16, 2007

Unknown and Dr Seuss

I was going to post some chatter, but then I thought to my quotes of long ago and how I dropped the ball on that, so I thought I would make it up. A list of quotes from "Unknown" - don't know who s/he is but they are certainly profound and wise! Then becasue while searching I stumbled across a few Dr Seuss quotes I liked, I thought I would add him in too. {I could do some lame assed attempt at sounding like Dr Seuss right now but I would not like that I wouldn't I would not like it on the plane and I would not like it on the train - you get the drift - haha - and would you believe that I never read much Dr Seuss growing up?!}. Enough of my babble. - The quotes:

Unknown

"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."

"Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had? "

"Someday your prince charming will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions. "

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. "

"If I could be any part of you, I’d be your tears. To be conceived in your heart, born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips. "

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

"Nobody is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry. "

"People have the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that privilege. "

"A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else. "

"Never be afraid to try, remember...Amateurs built the ark Professionals built the Titanic "

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. "

"To the world you may be but one, but to one you might be the world. "

"If you love someone put their name in a circle, not a heart, because hearts can be broken but circles go on forever! "

"I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you. "

"Last night I looked up and matched each star with a reason why I love you; I was doing great, until I ran out of stars."

"I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry."

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. "

"I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned "

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel. "

"Love is giving someone the power to destroy you...but trusting them not to. "

Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own.And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.”



there you go- the quotes that spoke to me tonight and I felt reflective of things that I would say and ones that I want to remember. How about you?! Any quotes you have to share?!

4 comments:

katef said...

Oh I am a HUGE Dr Suess Fan! My philosophy of life is based on his 'Oh the Places You'll Go' book! Great quotes!

DebF said...

some great thoughts in there, and another Dr Seuss fan here too

Anonymous said...

Dr Seuss is definitely one of the great philosophers of the 20th Century.

Anonymous said...

You can almost not believe that Dr. Seuss is such a great philosopher, becuase i grew up with reading every one of his books atleasta hundred times each. But know that I am older and you think of some of the things he says, like the quotes posted, you just have to kinda step back and say WOW what a great and intelligent person, he really knows what he is talking about. To me, all of what he says is true, and if you want to have a good day follow what Dr. Seuss says, "Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." ALways think positive and in the long run it will come out positive. I too am a big Dr. Seuss fan!!!