Monday, November 6, 2006

It's just something

You know how much I have talked about templates - here and on the DST forum... How I just don't 'get' them. Well look at me - haha Ironic or what? Sell out? Maybe.

*shrug* But the other week I came across a Template that was just a little bit to close to an 'original' layout I had created recently. I can't say that it *was* a direct copy of mine, because yes like a good scraplift bits where changed. But after talking it over with a few people they also did agree with me that it was exteremly close...

I don't want to sound like I have a stick firmly planted up my you know what, but I do like to think at times that I create layouts that are unique/creative and original - not always but sometimes. So yes when I saw a template that looked like one such layout it did irk me that someone was possible makeing money off my creativity.

This got me thinking about doing my own templates. I wasn't going to becasue I have been such a big 'anit' template voice... [I still do stand by most of my comments too] - they aren't for me! But designing them and selling them? Maybe I could make some money from it, and isn't good service about meeting a customer need and from what I can tell quite a lot of scrappers are after templates [why else would so many people be doing them then]....

Yes there is starting to be an overstationtion and I think even more risk of people ripping off others designs...

I was jokeing around with Jodie about makeing a template out of an old layout I had done and she 'dared' me to make one - bad move! It was pretty much the excuess/push I needed to try it out.

So I give you Possum Designs Ala Mode Volume One hehe


I guess I will have to finish them all up and put them in the store when I load up Hello Dolly!!

Ohh and so you can see the layout better....

3 comments:

Lisa said...

aww that layout is so sweet, I love the photos :) and your templates are cool! There is a huge demand for them at the moment so you may as well cash in on it ;)
Hey if you make them cool enough you may even convert me!!! :P

Anonymous said...

I think it is a marvellous idea, Peta. Give the customer what the customer wants. :) And I think your first collection turned out fantastic! I'm still not sure if I would use them, lol, I rather feel the same way as you about them. But way to go, girl, I am sure they will sell like hot bread! {hugs}

Jodie said...

ROFLOL :)