Why Do We?
ur*sigh*
Why is it that we assume the worst in people? Why is it that we are so quick to pass judgment and not give anyone a chance to explain?
Sorry, I'm in a bit of a ventish mode today about something that happened. It always depresses me to be in these kinds of situations. I agree that you have to be careful about things in this world - that people shouldn't always be trusted...
But I hate that how we have to jump to the worst when someone does something wrong... That we don't give the benefit of the doubt. That we are quick to yell at them with out asking first "did you mean to do that?" "did you know?" "Could you please not" ...
*sigh*
When things like that happen I can't help but think - how would I feel if I was that person, or how I would feel if it was a friend of mine.... To hear people say things about someone else that, if someone else was to say the same about them they would be the first to jump up and down and say how mean/spiteful and nasty the other person is being.
Why can't we treat others and we wish to be treated ourselves?
I don't always do this. Yes there are people who just shite me off completely. I am as Stacy would say - a bit highly strung and am quick to get annoyed. But I try to be as fair as possible, I try not to run away with things - and when I do .... Later when I have carmed down I try to readjust my thoughts, look at my behavior and if I know I have fucked up - I'll say sorry for it. And if someone has done something to me and says sorry - I'll forgive them. But if they never say sorry - I won't forgive - I'll hold onto that for ages. For example I'm still not talking to my house mate who slammed a door in my face a few weeks back, we use to get on really well but ever since she did that I don't want to have anything to do with her and have no pacience for the things she does that annoys me anymore. - and before you ask, there is no *reason* to why she slammed the door in my face - was a complete shock.
I'm just sick of also pack mentalities, women how get together and tear the person who isn't there apart. I don't like myself when I'm around these kinds of things. I don't like it when I get caught up in it. I know I have had my fair share of them - I know I'm no angel...
but yes. Why can't we treat everyone with respect?!
NUFF SAID



1 comment:
I just finished reading a book called The Optimists in which there was a character who prepares postcards with snippets of "Good News" items and then places the cards in all sorts of places where people may accidently find them.
This man also found it useful to treat people as though they were "better" than they actually were.
Not sure why this came into my head as I was reading your post but there it is , it did:-)
Thanks for your blog - you write very well.
Post a Comment