Friday, November 17, 2006

It just seems rude to me.

Okay firstly I will preface this by saying I didn't 'actively' mean to go and see this - I clicked on the wrong link, I have a habit of clicking on someones name to view their gallery instead of clicking on the 'see this users gallery' link - have I told you all yet that I'm a little odd?! LOL!

I have a 'thing' [please see the odd comment] about gallery comments. It really irks me when I find someone who is 'very' active in a gallery posting their layouts - get comments on their work from the people in the forum - yet they don't comment in kind.

This gets me *waves fist in the air* and I'm not talking replying to the people who reply to you - but just a simple comment for every layout you upload into a gallery.

Serioulsy how long does it take to leave a comment?!

I also get a bit 'irked' when i see this happening on Scrapbook-bytes, becasue there are just so many uncommented layouts there now days and it's so sad to see.

How freaking hard is it to leave just one comment I ask you?!

You see the person who's name I acidently clicked on instead of going their gallery, they have uploaded over ten layouts this month alone..... have a fair range of comments - not "heaps" but more then the number of layouts uploaded this month - so at least getting one comment per layout uploaded... now this is where i get irked - they themselves have not commented on ANYONES stuff since JUNE!!! - how freaking RUDE!

And I went on a little hunt [as I got irked and wanted to see if this was a one off] - and found others. HOW RUDE! I mean my gosh can you not just take time out to leave ONE comment?! if everyone who uploaded to SBB left at least ONE comment - I'm sure the comments thing on SBB would imporve ten fold. But it just seems people have 'jumped' ship and are 'useing' SBB as a dumping ground just to fill in CT requirments [this REALLY irks me! I'd rather have my CT upload to one gallery and be active there, instead of makeing them jump through six different hops!]

You know what this says to me when I see things like this? It says to me don't bother commenting on my work, I won't even read it, I don't care about comments, because if I did I would do my best to make sure that others got them too. - It's enough to make me think I should spend my time commenting on someone else work instead of theirs - somene who will actually appericate comments becasue they 'share the love'.

Now because I thought to myself "Peta you're being a bitch, maybe they are just one of those scrappers so pressed for time that they don't have time to comment - ANYWHERE" ...So I went to DST - where I knew i had seen the same layout uploaded... and you know what?! No dump and run there. Actual comments are left for other people. [more coments then they have layouts uploaded!]

I guess you could look at it like at least they are commenting somewhere... but ya know what. If you use someone's gallery to show off your work then you can AT LEAST go to the effort to post ONE COMMENT to someone else in that gallery.

GRR!

Its the reason I dont' post to many gallerys - as I personaly believe if you don't have the time to comment, then you don't have the time to upload either!

Yes so I think it's rude when someone hasn't even posted ONE comment since JUNE - yet has uploaded at least 10 layouts this month alone - and there is what FOUR other months where they have been uploading layouts, getting comments and not putting anything back into the 'environment' I think this is very RUDE!! And I will not be commenting on this persons layouts from now on - cause I am a bitch! *shrug* but that's the way I feel on this matter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Give a little, take a little I say. :)

BethJ said...

I totally agree!!!

Ernie Hendrix said...

Absolutely, totally, 100% agree with you. I now find myself looking to see how many posts they have at SBB before I comment on some layouts. I hate this "dump and run" (D&R) mentality that has taken over. Yes, SBB has been having issues lately and, unfortunately, seems to be slowly dying. But the D&Rs are part of the reason! Ok, I've vented. Now I feel better.

Anonymous said...

I know it seems rude and I understand. However, for newbies, some of this is all very hard to understand. Sometimes we can't find an email address or we can't send a comment because we don't have a blog ourselves. I don't know how many times I have tried to send a positive comment, have it all typed out and then can't send. So for all you wonderful designers out there - I hate to be anonymous, but keep up the great work. Your layouts give me ideas and help to find things I want to purchase faster than having to search all over.

Peta said...

Hey Anon hun I think you didn't quite catch what I meant, I wasn't talking about blogs and such. But the gallerys where people post there layouts on Scrapbook-bytes. Where people who are already posting their layouts *can* post comments to others on theirs.