Friday, October 20, 2006

It's just 5%

There has something that I have wanted to put out there but I have always stopped myself from doing it as I have always felt it would be a very 'un' popular thing to say...

You see, I love the stuff in a certain digi store. I think they have some great 'stuff' and this has been added to with some really great designers joining the 'ranks'.

I have had great customer service at this store. Hell I was even given some stitches for free for no reason what so ever, other then I had emailed the store owner as I wanted to buy them but couldn't [will explain this in a sec] it certainly made my day that was for sure.

But you see I have a tiny tiny issue with this store. They don't take paypal. Well they do, but you have to fill your chart, email them, then they will send you an invoice for you to pay into their paypal account.... and you'll also get charged an extra 5% for doing this.

Now call me nutty [yes I know]. But to me this just sucks big time. I've always been brought up on the 'evils' of having a credit card and spending money that you don't have. Also I don't really have that much money in the first place - broke student here! So yes, I guess the store doesn't really miss out all that much on my business as I don't really have much to give LOL. But still the times I have had money I have wanted to spend in their store. A few times I just didn't bother, it was just to much work and I could get the shopping gratification bug from other stores much quicker - so even if an element or such was lower on my I want list I would more then likely go get it. As another addition to this is being on the other side of the world, if I'm shopping and needing 'stuff' when the others are asleep well then I have to wait - and 9/10 I'll go off and find something else in another store that I just have to have LOL.

Another reason why I kind of don't shop there is because I guess the fact that I have less $$ to spend and that when I do have them to spend I want to make the most out of them... and paying an extra 5% on top of everything just seems like I'm not spending my money wisely. I'm not one to hang out for sales, I have no worry with paying full price for things. But I guess I do have issues with paying more just because I use paypal over having a credit card debt. It seems unfair to me. and while I understand it's done to cover fees from useing paypal for them..... I can't help but go "none of the other stores I shop at do this."

The thing is. I love the stuff in the store and could really go crazy in there. I'd even love to be on the design team there [and haha yeah like that's going to happen now with this post!]. I love the stuff that i see done in the gallery..... but with all that. I still am such a cheap skate after all it is only 5% isn't it...... and i mean say they where to have a 25% of sale - while all you lovely CC girls where getting your 25% off - I'd be getting just 20% off really as I have to pay an extra 5% for useing paypal :(

Guess there is one big upside - I save a little money for other things.... and I guess those stores/designers get $$ from me that they may not have gotten if I had of shopped already LOL!

I do wonder if I'm alone in this nuttyness..... most likely. This has been something that has bugged me for awhile, I may get my ass kicked for this post and not be allowed to show my face in digi circles ever again but it is how I feel and how my mental [yes I know they are] processes work.

NOW!! Distract you with some cutie pies...

I've been in Michelle's Actions again ;) lol The one of Kira below is useing a combo of the Lightening action, color wash action and softness action....



As you can see big change from the original....[below] and the original was a little out of focus but with useing the softness action it has made it look a lot better :)

9 comments:

DebF said...

ok, I'm outa the loop cos I don't even know what store does this LOL - good on ya for refusing to use a credit card, it's something more Aussies need to embrace (if you ain't got it, don't spend it!). and since when did you avoid saying the unpopular things? hugs sweetie!

Annette said...

Oh, I know the shop and feel the same. I don't have a credit card (I don't need it here in Germany) and a time ago I wrote the shop an email but didn't got an answer. I like their stuff, but if they don't want my paypal-money, ...!?

Penelope said...

I'm very guilty of using my credit card, so I applaud you for not going down that path! I started with Paypal but wanted the instant gratification of using credit (never remember 2-3 days before to top up paypal).
It does seem a little unfair to pass on the Paypal fees...surely they have fees to pay for using credit cards too?

Anonymous said...

I too must be a cheap skate too as I would object to paying an extra 5%. I don't think you are a nutter (well, ok maybe a little....like me lol) I think it is a perfectly normal thing to say - why pay it there when you don't have to at other places.
I have no idea what store you are talking about but I must find out....lol....

If you get your butt kicked for voiceing your opinion I think that sucks!

Sandi :)
Love those actions too!! Made a huge difference hey.

Anonymous said...

Don't sotre owners get charged fees for having a merchant account that can accept direct credit card payments? Don't they get charged fees by the credit card company? Maybe I am wrong but if that is the case I don't get why you would be charged to cover the paypal fees but not the credit card fees? Maybe it is differnt in the US?

Anonymous said...

Hey Peta blast from the past ;)

Just want to give you a perspective from the shop owner, I have had to do the same thing with my webstore because when I installed paypal IPN (instant payment network) it would send you to paypal and take your money but then not redirect you back to the site so your order wouldnt go through. This is a known bug of paypals and they wont fix it! Its intermitent and I'm not the only one it happens to! Nothing more embarrasing or frustrating to have to email a customer and get them to re-enter their order because paypal stuffed up! So yeah I understand it is frustrating but that is the reason she has done it, I bet her shop runs zen-cart or ecommerce :)

BTW love the layouts haven't things changed since you first started scrapping with me!

Anonymous said...

Oh just ignore me I thought she gave you a 5% discount for the inconvenience of being sent a paypal invoice in that case I think its wrong to charge more for PP and also it is against their terms and conditions :)

Anonymous said...

Hey hon- I completely understand...I know which store you're talking about and I get charged sales tax there because I live in the same state as the owner (5% tax). I love the products too, but have to admit, even at a "subconscious" level, I think it's part of the reason I don't buy more there even though I want it all! :) Poor student here too and we have to watch our pennies- totally justified frustration. :)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how old this post is (catching up on blogs today) but I had to throw out there - what bank are you with? My bank finally just introduced debit cards, woohoo! If you can get one, get it. Works like EFTPOS but runs through Visa/MC so you can trick online systems into thinking it's a credit card. The handful of banks that I know do them don't even charge you any extra to have one, which is a very nice change!