Terms of endearment
I noticed something last night that had me feeling a little odd.
When I would blog about Stacy in the past - when he was no longer in my life - I would always just mention him as "the boy". I wouldn't mention his name as I felt I guess a little odd talking about someone I no longer 'knew'. I actually find this hard to do about anyone. Past friends also I will try to avoid saying their real life name when I talk about them - the same goes for my family - How many of you would know what my sister, my brother in law or my brothers names are?
Maybe its a privacy thing. I don't know the exact reason. But I don't feel comfortable putting peoples names to things, I'd rather talk in generals or just say 'my sister' etc.
making the connection last night that I still talk about Stacy as 'the boy' - but now more a "my boy" way was kind of creepy and made me go Why? - Does he not deserve to have his name mentioned on my blog? Can't I call him My Stacy - hehe.
The funny thing is I was in chat with him last night when I realized this and I mentioned to him and he said that he had noticed that I still refer to him in that way...
So how about you? How do you refer to friends/family in a bloging/net way? Do you just use their names out right - or hold back?
I think I'd like to start using Stacy more - he is my boy and I love saying that - but he's Stacy and I guess it's okay for me to say his name isn't it... and you'll all know who I'm talking about.
I know I've gotten a little Stacy Stacy Stacy this last month, and while I would like to say sorry for that ... I anit going to cause you know why - I LIKE IT I like it a lot and I hope never to have reason to stop doing it.
I feel like I should be back in high school writing on my pencil case "Peta Loves Stacy" hehe ....
In other news, I got a really nice email today about a great opportunity, hopefully I'll get it and can do a big wahoo - but still nice to have the 'chance' fingers crossed on this one that it will work out - could be very awesome!!
I found a job i really really want - Working in Retail, but one of the 'requirments' in the add was to have an interest in graphic design. - ME WANT and better yet, why I want it more is that it's 2 days a week - and guess how many days I have 'free' - yeap 2 days a week. Gosh it would be nice to have a job, just for the job side of things never even mind the money!
I will hopefully have a big toot for the end of the week!!! - Something I have been working very hard on!
and lastly I still have my blastard COUGH! ARGH!!! - least it's not as bad as it was!!!



1 comment:
oooooh I will keep my eyes peeled for the toooot! :D
I had trouble when I first started blogging about using names... now I just dont care :) Its your blog, call people what you are comfortable calling them :)
Post a Comment