Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Over Saturating the digi market with Possum Goodness

Yes that's right, you can now offically call me a "Designer". And look a screen shot of the store..... hehe


You can see the 'real' thing - HERE

and this is the kit..... [the papers come in both 12 x 12 and 8.5 x 11 size!] - If you're American or overseas - remember that the store is set up in Aussie $$ so make sure to change it into US$ and you can take advantage of the exchange rate and grap a bargin!...



I have to admit it was kind of funny reading the over saturated digi market post on dst when I was just about to come out of the closet and set myself up with selling for the very first time.

I have always said that it seems like it is a natural progression for scrappers to go from "Scrapping" with kits to designing them!! Many girls I have been on CT for have 'turned' this way! LOL. And some have recently - ie My Darling friend Teresa aka Digi Kity is now going to be creating and selling over at sweet shoppe - I'm kind of excited that we are both starting off in this around the same time!!! I actually always said that I would never go down this road - Guess I changed my mind! LOL. For me though the choice to do this isn't becasue I want to make a milliion dollars - would be nice - but it's just to make a few extra $$ to help me on my way to my GOAL - to do my studies, a few extra $$ will help pay my study fee's next year and that will take some of the weight off my shoulders hopefully. And I just also love seeing what people do with stuff I make - it's such a buzz!!

I will introduce my creative team later on in the week - I have four girls on my team at the moment and may round it up to five at some point.

I'm so thankful to friends like Kate F and for my very first CT member [who none of you will be surprised about] Jodie - they both have challenged me and pushed me to give this a go and I thank them a million times over for believing in me and makeing me try something new - you girls ROCK. I have also been blessed to have many wonderful people support me in this - You just have to read over this post at dst to see what a lucky girl I am!!! I had so much fun with that thread and it was even greater that so many people got behind it and had fun with it! Even the post at PBP had me rolling around the floor laughing!

So Time for a new layout with my Rock Star Kit .... a cute little layout about Stacy... And I was quite surprised by how perfect the word art was for this layout - I didn't make it with this in mind but it is sooooo fiting...


Journaling reads: I think I’m the luckiest girl in all the world. What could be more perfect then having someone in your life that just makes you smile at the very thought of them. I know we are just starting out down this road again, that we have no idea where we will end up a week, a month, a year from now. But right now I know that I love you and that you love me in return and that makes me the luckiest girl in the world. To be able to say once more, I LOVE YOU STACY!

{Credits: Peta Stokes aka Little Possum Designs Rock Star Kit at www.pickleberrypop.com Font:Hurrican}

and just to put these out there also.... I have been able to scrap two other layouts while I have been running around makeing all the final touches to my new adventure...

Firstly ....

I have had the paper pack for this for AGES and finally got around to getting a hold of the element pack also and just had to play with them all - I actually used some flower brushes also - I Love this layout!! The paper is by Monique van Bekkum aka JomiDesigns it's from her Let Go Paper Pack. The Heart and frame are from the Let go Element Pack The brushes can be found here

Secondly....

I seriously am in love with these ribbions - I saw this done on a paper layout in a mag I was reading yesterday and thought to myself "that would be seriously cool in digi format, whish I knew how to make them..." ... so running around DST last night what do I find but a post from none other then the ubber talented Miz Amy Martin and what do I see - but her ribbons set - DROOL hehe ... check them out Here - and they are on specail at the moment too hehe....

and lastly talking sales....

If you have ever drooled over the stitching and blossoms on my layouts - Check out Dani's A la Carte sale - YOU soooo don't want to miss any of these beauties - they are currently $1 [untill the 22nd] - she's have a great big birthday bash and seriously this girl is the bestest and I love her stuff - and You'd be silly not to go and fill up your cart with that stuff!! Check it out

And - Tracy Ann has an awesome sale on her Streetwear collection right now - don't miss this either Check it out

Ohh and lastly - for those who loved the Wild Sorbet kit from Dani and Carrie.. it's on SPECAIL - love this kit so bright and funky those girls seriously rock Check it out

I think thats everything... LOL For those who read through all that - Well done - now go shopping!!! ROFL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on the new designer status! loving your stuff! YIPPIE!

Penelope said...

Peta you are going to send me broke...Shame on you! ROFL

Penelope said...

Oh and love the new kit, congrats honey!

Robin said...

Woohoo! Congrats girl! :)

Shelley said...

OMG - I just love your work Peta.. the Stacy layout is so sweet but manly if you know what i mean.

Shelley :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't Kate just the BEST! She has a natural way of making you challenge and believe in yourself...I'm glad she waved her magic on you!