In true Peta Style
Well - I have to laugh at this. Ever since my first day at tafe I've noticed this guy around the place [actualy have noticed a lot of people - casue that's the kind of person I am] - I see him pretty much every day, at both smoko breaks as well as lunch and even at the bus stop at the end of the day.... I have never spoken at word to him and all though we have 'seen' each other - we have never made full on eye contact as such....
well that was till today.....
Standing at the bus stop - being 'naughty' and having a smoke, I know I'm one of "those" dirty smokers! He smokes to so maybe that's why I've noticed him around so much as we have both been fourced out onto the same patch of grass that is reserved for the smokers. LOL
I was being a good girl and standing away from everyone at the stop having a 'fix' when he went to move away to have a smoke also. He twas walking towards me and made direct eye contact, and instead of quickly looking way He maintaned eye contact, smiled and even went to do the whole casual hello head nod thing, you know the kind where you don't know the person enough to actually say hello - but you have seen them often enough to 'know' them... [does that make sense?]
Well anways, right at that moment wouldn't you know it - just as I went to smile back I got SMOKE IN MY EYE and squited and pulled a funny face.
OHH THE HUMANTIY!!
I could of died laughing. So typically me!!! Here I have been casually checking this guy out for the last two weeks, doing the casual recongnition glances and such [ie I'm not really looking at you but at that building behind you] and right at the critical - next phase - I go get smoke in my eye and pull the worst face - when he's looking RIGHT at me - waiting for me to do the whole casual hello head tilt thing too - and maybe even be daring and actly say a something...
totally funny!!
Ohh and did I mention he is cute? - ROFL why else would I have noticed him :P
Well at least I know now that before my eyes had to squize shut - that he's got a cute smile!!!



5 comments:
ROTFL Oh Peta.. that would only happen to you!! :)
Oh gee this made me laugh... sorry Peta I am not laughing at you really I aren't! It reminded me of that line in Dirty Dancing when Baby says something stupid on the first meeting and then curses herself afterwards 'I carried a watermelon??'
Ah you know that funny squinty look could be the start of something beautiful!
LOL Ah the pitfalls of smoking.
This is a great feel good story - and I'm sure most of us here can relate - and its like Kate said about Baby in Dirty Dancing - and look what SHE ended up with :p
Shelley :)
Ohhh peta, it would never happen if it someone you could care less about would it. *sigh*
At least you can have a laugh about it all.
Post a Comment