It's just not for me
For awhile now I have had itchy fingers, have wanted to get my hands dirty, get glue over everything and maybe stab myself with a needle once - or five times! Yes I'm talking about paper scrapping. I've had the 'bug' for the last two weeks and haven't given in becasue for me it's just so hard to actually pull everything out. I don't have any free desk space in my room. All my paper supplies are packed away in 1/ a milk create, it holds all my beyond the page projects that I have brought over time - and never done ROFL 2/a Woolworths green bag with more beyond the page stuff, all my MM stamps, chipboard alphas, along with a few other bits - like two bottles of prmia flowers 3/my big purple suitcase that holds my papers, cards, photos, mats, ribbon box, empblishment box x 2, flowers and tools of the 'trade' rofl. 4/a shelf in my cupboard that holds my two 12 x 12 albums, 3 6 x 6 albums, two shoe boxes of stuff that is marked for one day giving away and another box of emblishments! there is also other bits and pieces spread over my room ie. not packed away ;)
I have a lot of crap I never use!!!
So yesterday I happened to have a cd of photos from the weekend on me and thought I would go into hardley normal [havey normans] and get some printed to scrap....
Tonight I gave in and pulled everything out, thought I would watch a bit of telly and scrap.
I am normaly hesitant to paper scrap 'here' becasue I don't get along all that well with my housemates and really don't want to deal with them looking over my shoulder asking me questions about what am I doing... I like scrapping in private or with a group of friends...
But due to the fact that everyone is pretty much gone at the moment I pulled it all out and sat down to scrap...
Guess what I did!?! - NOTHING!! I sat there looking at the papers, trying to match them to the photos [new and old] that I had - tried to work out ways to put the pages together, what kind of design I should do what kind of emblishements I should use ... Nothing would come nothing would feel right, the papers where wrong and I just couldn't get an idea to come with any of it. It just didn't flow or feel right.
Sad really. Maybe it's because I know that the ideas are *there* in my head what I *could* do it - but everything just seemed wrong. I ended up cutting some chatterbox pages into stripes played with them for a little while. Gave in and packed everything up again. I just felt totaly scrap blocked!
I never have so much trouble with working out how to do my digital pages they just always fall together so well - yes some may be a bit of a challenge at times to get just right... but it's easy to find the *right* paper, the right emblishment the right design for the idea that is in my head...
When I looked at my paper supplies sitting on the table I just felt lost.



5 comments:
{{{BIG HUG}}}
It's ok - and I can relate. I have 3 big projects almost finished (hubby's heritage album, my baby album & school years albums). I'm going to try to wrap them up when we go for a 4 day scrapping getaway. But, then, I have a new problem - how to take my digital scrapping to crops. I either have to buy a laptop - or 'borrow' my flat panel monitor from work & take my tower. SUCH problems to have with a hobby.
The digital vs paper scrapping are definitely two different schools of thought.
Also, I've been following your struggle with your education. My advice is do what makes you happy. Find a job that you love going to. I have that & it's wonderfully awesome.
Connie
Pita! Lol that totally happens to me :) I have all my paper stuff hiding away at the moment, but when it was all out I would always get the bright idea to start something and then totally whimp out! LOL
lol, oops! I meant PETA as in the funnest coolest gal online, not pita as in pita bread :)
There is just something about it that appeals to me too.. but i know I will regret if I buy a stash of papers and flowers cos im just too lazy to pull the stuff out and pack it up again :)
Although I might one day print out the pic and digi papers and just add bits to it with glue...
Post a Comment