Wednesday, May 3, 2006

What have I gotten myself into....

Okay as a follow on from the last post...

When I first broke up with Stacy [ex- fiancee] I got talking to some friends and one of them suggested that I join up to an online dateing service - the reason being that she had actually meet her hubby from there herself and I have to say they where the sweetest couple I knew. Totaly perfect for each other that it is hard to imagine a time they wheren't together. I strongly believe they are soul mates. Anyways I did sign up and must admit to getting a few 'hits' from it. One of which ended up into a date. I *think* from memory his name was Brad for some reason... We went and played a game of bowles and then went out with a group of his friends for a 30th Birthday party - the party consited of a bus trip to pubs outside of toowoomba ending back up in Toowoomba at the end of the night. Sadley the date didn't go all that well - he kept talking about his ex - I was missing mine [I figured it wasn't a good sign to be constantly thinking of Stacy and feeling as if I was cheating - bah!] I also had this sister [how was part of the party] doing the whole protective sister thing - you hurt my brother I'll kill you kind of routine. So after that one I took myself off the site and decided that I wasn't going into that kind of thing UNTIL I had dealt with all the personal baggage that I was carrying.

That took FOR EVER. Last year I re-activated my profile becasue I finally felt 'ready' to go through all that again. I did again get a few emails and things and went on one date... Now THAT was fun!! And Strange. Lets just say at that point in time last year I was going through a very 'wild' girl phase. I learnt some very important lessons then - 1/ don't get involved with housemates 2/ don't get drunk and get involved with housemates friends 3/ if you are going to do the second make sure friends are not around as they will then never let you live it down. and 4/make sure in the moring that you pack everything other wise you will have to see that person again to get your stuff back! - Did I mention I went through a wild phase? It was one of the most 'exciting' and 'happy' times I went through last year! Some very GREAT moments for me. The one date I went on did turn into a second which involved getting to go for a ride on a motorcycle something I had never done and had been afraid to do! That was so much fun!!

But once again I turned my profile back off not long after becasue I guess things changed and I agian felt not ready for all that.

It's kind of hard in a way becasue I guess that I feel sometimes that other then a great personality and a wonderful smile [which are great things I know] I don't have much else to offer. I know I know. But at that stage - and still now - I wanted to have more to offer and be more *stable*. ie have a job, have done *more* stuff with my life then what I had... you know. LOL

So anyways. Last night I went and turned on my profile again. While the above is all still true. I guess I figure I'm not getting any younger, I'm not meeting men all that much socialble, don't have friends to set me up with people they know kind of thing.... maybe it was just time to stop *careing* and just live and have some fun. After all I guess this is one area of my life where I'm *unhappy* [not that I need a man to make me happy!] and if I wait for everything else to be inline I'm always going to be waiting - I've waited what already 3 years or more. Time to stop putting off and just go where the winds of life might take me.

So I guess I should warn you, you could get some dateing chatter on here!

I updated my profile last night with new *stuff* and also a new picture.. LOL trying to work out what to put in those things is HARD.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think you would do if you ran into your ex now?

Peta said...

I would do as I did the last time I ran into him -I'd walk up to him and say "Hi Stacy how are you?" I don't know if I'd wack him with a video case this time though - would bepand if I ran into him in the vidoe store again or not. LOL!

I would hope to hear that life over the last three years has treated him well and that he's now happy and know what he wants in life.

Jodie said...

Hey Missy - you have heaps to offer, never let anyone tell you otherwise. Good on you for being brave enough to get back out there!

Robin said...

Good luck Peta! That is so brave!!!!!! I know some people who have met this way and are very happy.

Lisa said...

You go girl!! :) Looking fwd to reading some happy dating stories soon!!! I actually met Travis thru the internet.. scarily enough! LOL So you just never know!!!! :)

katef said...

Way to go!
I am all for getting out there and enjoying life... you can't meet people staying at home and you have to go through a few 'fun dates' to find your soul mate... so think of it all as happy practice!