Monday, March 27, 2006

Weekend Report

Well Friday night was a typical Friday family night - Pizza and Movies :)

War of the Worlds:
Waste of time. This movie did NOTHING for me. It wasn't even mildly 'entertaining'. The story was just boring. The ONLY high point was Dakota Fanning- that girl is just a GREAT little actress!! And already has 33 credits to her name on IMD!! I Kind of kept hoping that the aliens would eat Tom - but alas he made it to the end un eaten! Was I the only one I wonder who boo'ed when he was pulled back out of the Creature?!?!

Next was

Flight Plan:
I must say only a margin better then war of the worlds. Looking at the story it really has some great potential. I think they could have done a lot better with it then what they did. For me the 'Drama' and 'tension' just wasn't there. I should have been on the edge of my seat trying to work out if she really was telling the truth or just mental - I think it would have been better for us as an audience to be unsure right up to the end of there really was a daughter. I felt like they tried to make you question this in a little way but it didn't work because they didn't following through they did allow you to know what was going on... ohh well.

Prime:
*sigh* another one. We really did pick some turkeys this night. This was only one step up from flightplan as it did have some moments in it that where funny and cute.
The best scene is when Rafi finds out that David still lives with his grandparents - that for me was the only bit that I will take away from this. It was light weight like I expected but not really all that good light weight. I doubt I'd ever watch it again... but if I only had War of the Worlds, Flightplan or Prime to watch, it would be Prime that would get another run through - most likely just to see that one scene again!

Lastly [for Friday night]
Pride and Prejudice:
Well as they say - save the best for last!! *Swoon* Now I haven't read the book [hard to believe I know] - and I have never seen the BBC version [ohh stop looking at me like that!] I have seen Bride and Prejudice though?!?! ROFL

I did so love this movie. I could watch it again. It is just such a 'sweet' story you have to admit. And I don't mind saying so... MY GOSH the scene where Mr. Darcy is walking across the field in the morning mist - ohhh mmmmyyy gosh.. Isn’t that enough to make any girl swoon? I think it's something to do with the stride and the coat flying out behind him ... *goes all weak at the knees* I could watch that scene for ever!! ROFL

Saturday was spent watching a few episodes of Mash Season 7, Blakes Seven Season one [Anyone ever watched Blakes Seven? - Old British Sci-fi show which I LOVE lol - no I'm not a GEEK!! Well. Okay maybe I am] and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure which I found on DVD for $10 and just HAD To buy ROFL.

Sunday, was my mum's birthday. Nothing was really planned. At 12 mum got up and had a look at the movie times and decided to go see "Walk the Line" and it's all that it was cracked up to be. A great movie. And although I doubt I'd ever go out of my way to watch it again. I did enjoy it and would recommend it. I can see why Reese won the Oscar!! But I have to say I really loved Ginnifer Goodwin - who played Vivian John's first wife. She was brilliant and I think is overlooked a little. Next to Reese and Joaquin [droool].

And that is about it for my weekend - had a good time with the family, Kim, John and the girls where down Saturday and we had a roast dinner for mum's birthday. All in all a good weekend - even with the crap movie selection!

1 comment:

ksharonk said...

Ok, so this is where we draw the battlelines, rotflol ... I HATED the new Pride & Prejudice ... bored me witless, in fact I turned if off half-way thru, then came back later and tried to watch it till the end. But I really LOVE the BBC version, so maybe that had something to do with it! I'm with you on the 'Tom being eaten by the alien' thing ... he's a sad puppy now that he has left Nicole ... but I will be lining up to watch Mission Impossible 3. Hmmm ... are you allowed to write a small essay in a comment? Stopping right now, lol! :)