Friday, March 24, 2006

on the run...

just before I go... I had a very busy day ... NOT rofl!! hey I got my assignment finished by 10am this morning and it wasn't due till 5!! I did well :)

I ended up 'nicking' the photo from Sandi's blog entry and this is what I came up with - I really just went 'silly' with the photo!


{credits: Tracy Ann Robinson's Fluster kit from sweet shoppe designs, alpha and stitiching from Dani Mogstad at design by dani, gem freebie from holly's blog, font basel book}

Ohh and it would seem that it's NOT all about the Pink according to SM, BAH!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use the photo like this - has a movie feel! I love bright colours with black!

Sharee Mortensen said...

Love this one - look at you two all cute! And loved the pink LO - what do SM know!!?? They hate my stuff too LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love this layout, Peta!! :) I'm also laughing so hard right now that you have Cheap Trick playing on here- that's awesome!! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW that is a great layout! Love the feel of it and Gemma got it right it has a movie feel to it!!!!

We are movie stars...woo hoo!

:) :) :) :)

Sandi

Anonymous said...

Laredoan sentenced for kicking puppy
By: CLAY REDDICK, LAREDO MORNING TIMES
03/24/2006
Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly
A man sentenced to 50 days in jail on an animal cruelty charge was granted work release Thursday in
County Court-at-Law No. 2.
Ricardo Daniel Holguin, 51, was arrested after kicking a dog while barbecuing at his home.
Prosecutors said they will not tolerate cruelty to animals, and Holguin's defense attorney said his client is a
good person who made a mistake.
Holguin pleaded guilty to a charge of cruelty to animals, a Class A misdemeanor, earlier in the week as
part of a plea agreement with prosecutors.
On Aug. 18, 2004, Holguin, was having carne asada outside his home at an address on South Meadow when
the smell attracted a neighbor's puppy.
Holguin gave the dog a hard kick, and its owners called police. The small dog was unable to stand when
officers arrived about 20 minutes later, prosecutors said.
The prosecuting attorneys wanted jail time because they take the offense seriously. Those who mistreat
animals are likely to harm people as well, said Monica Perales-Garcia, a spokeswoman for the Webb County
district attorney's office.
"While most believe in a need to respect all living things, (some) enjoy the feeling of control that they have
over a helpless being," she said.
But defense attorney John R. Solis said his client is a good person.
"My client is a good guy," said defense attorney John R. Solis. "Sometimes people make mistakes."
Given the sentence range for a Class A misdemeanor, Holguin could have received a sentence greater than
50 days, Solis said.
"However, he was guaranteed with the plea bargain a sentence of 50 days," he said. "Given the
circumstances, we were happy with the outcome."
While serving the sentence, Holguin will check out during business hours to perform his job before
returning to jail at night. He has already begun serving the 50-day sentence.
The dog's owner could not be reached for comment Thursday.
(Clay Reddick can be reached at 728-2582 or clay@lmtonline.com.)




©Laredo Morning Times 2006

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE????? What is that comment all about!?!?!?!?!

justine said...

I love the way this looks with all those copies of the photo. You are the Queen of using black backgrounds too.

Good on you for getting your assignment done early too.