I believe in a better way
take your face out of your hands
and clear your eyes
you have a right to your dreams
and don't be denied
i believe in a better way
Hmm I'm turning this in to a digital scrapping & music blog at the moment aren't I!
I have to come out from under this rock and say - Ohh I love Ben Harper!! I don't recall ever knowing 'who' Ben Harper was before this weekend. I'm sure I have heard of him but I would never have been able to put a face to the name or even a song to the name.
I heard this song playing awhile back but never really listned to it - only the bit where he is 'screaming' and I just kind of raised my eye brow and tunned out again. But this weekend I actually LISTNED and I have to say that verse above just struck me - moved me.
THEN I was channel flicking and ended up on channel nine, a show called asscess backstage [or something like that] and guess who they where interviewing?! Ben Harper! I sat there glued to the tv and I have to say I was blown away by him - [and no not just becauses he's 'hot'] but just his openess and honesty. He sounds like someone I would love to know - hugely fascinating and so grounded that he would never quite understand what is so fascinating about him IYKWIM.
So yes - I'm a new Ben Harper fan and I think the next CD I am going to buy is Both Sides of the Gun.
Video Link



No comments:
Post a Comment