Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hesitant

Okay there has been something that I have held back and been very 'afraid' to put it out there...

I'm going to be an Aunty again!!!

Normaly as soon as I have found out I've been jumping around like crazy - but this time around - I'm scared. I can't even begin to know what my sister is going through [and I guess we don't have that kind of relationship in which I would know ...] But for me. Yes I'm scared. Scared of having my own heart broken and scared about what would happen if history was to repeat itself again. What would that do to Kim, to John, to Kira? Leah and Tegan wouldn't be such a worry, but Kira would as she has the most understanding of what happened with Noah.

I'm not one to pray - but I'm praying like crazy that nothing happens this time around that at the end of nine month all my fears can be washed away. Untill I hold my new niece or nephew in my arms and see them smile back at me I don't think I'll be able to breath.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peta...I will keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers and hope the best for all of you and that new little spirit. I am sure that we will be seeing a sweet new face in your pages when the time is right!

I love you lots girl and though I rarely comment here, I just wanted you to know that I come and read what you have going on in your life and in your mind! You fascinate and impress me...

I'm off on vacation this week and going away for a much needed break - cant wait to see you and your work when I return!

HUGS!
Robin : )

Anonymous said...

She will be in my thoughts till her new Angel arrives in the family - as will you.
Totally normal to feel like you are holding your breath but Noah will see them here safely
:)
xxxx

katef said...

I don't know your sisters story, or yours, but I know what it is like to fear for an unborn baby... so you have my love, my support and my positive vibes! *hugs*

Peta said...

aww thanks girls!!! Kate- my sister went into early labour last year [end of november] and my little nephew Noah only lived for an hour. There was no 'reason' for it... was very heart breaking for all of us. I was already haveing a tough year and Noah's passing just was the undoing of me really...

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Ok, I'm a dork and obviously I can't edit my comments!

Congrats on the good news!

I'm sorry this has to be a pregnancy that you can't just sit back and enjoy with her. It's so hard when someone bad has happened to just let go and relax. There is a blessing in the end... when you have a healthy baby and your whole family has grown, it's even more special!

Good luck to your family. I hope that good things come out of this. With your relationship (you and sister) and her family.

Amanda said...

OMGoodness!!!!!!!! ARGH I can't spell today.

Ok, I meant something, NOT someone! haha sorry

Lisa said...

Congratulations :) I will be sending good, healthy vibes your sisters way and hoping that everything works out well :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Peta!! I remember how hard it was for you when little Noah was taken from you all. I have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and I agree with Robin - you will have a beautiful little neice or nephew when the time is right. Hang in there!!

katef said...

Oh Peta - extra huge hugs... not sure if you know but my girls were born at almost 29 weeks gestation due to complications and that was heart breaking enough.. and the fear of not knowing if it might happen again is just horrible... so all the love and strength to you and your family.