Sunday, March 5, 2006

Camera's lights ACTION

First - I'm a star. Yes I am hehe. It happened - I finally cracked 20 comments on a layout at two peas!! ahhh - I actually uploaded my last layout into both the digital gallery and the 'genera' gallery - normally this isn't something I do as I actually feel funny about uploading into the 'general' gallery - an explanation that can wait for another day! Well after some strategic manipulation of getting Sharon to post on my layout for me as I was actually at 19 comments... hehe I reached my "aim" and wahoo - it's now at 22 [with 411 views - omgosh!] - but it doesn't end there - I also had all the comments in the digi gallery, and while I didn't get 20 comments in there... I DID GET 15!! - now I know it's not all about the comments. And really I'm happy enough if I'm satisfied with what I have done. But after a year at this craft - of being envious of those who get 'high' numbers of comments on their work - and mostly this is because it's darn good work - to get that for myself... I'm feeling rather blessed. But enough of that big headed crap...

Today I found a great little site with some pretty cool photoshop actions - so I thought I would play :) I ran all the different actions over the one photo to see what they all did - and I have to say while I didn't like some of them - I think I may use some of them in the future. LOVE LOVE LOVE the middle one - which is an acid wash! hehe and - Can you pick the original????

The actions can be found at http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm



Now this layout IS NOT MINE and yes it's PAPER! :) This is the work of the very talented Miz Sharee [aka Eskimopie] The reason why I have asked Sharee if I can show this to you all is because Sharee like many traditional papers before her ... hehe .. Posted up to a digital layout of mine on the Boxx saying how she wished the paper from my "Sisters Hug" layout was real paper and not digi as she had been looking for just that kind of design for a layout she wanted to do. Well - after reading Sharee's reply, I offered to contact the designer for her and see if would be okay for me to send Sharee a copy of the digi file for her to print out... and as the designer was also a close friend of mine - the lovely miss purescrapablitly Kim I knew she'd be rapt a the idea - so with Kim's permission I sent the file off to Sharee - and the rest as they say is ... HISTORY. I personally think the paper has come out wonderful and it does so work perfectly with the photo sharee wanted it for. I am so happy that I could play apart in making this layout come together :) - although all I did was the enabling - Kim and Sharee did the creative bits!! :)

thank you so much for letting me share this Sharee!! - and just another little addition - You should all go check out Sharee's blog -she's got some great layouts on there - and maybe stop by and leave her a comment or two :) If you go check her out - scroll right down the bottom and look for a layout called "Bloom" - I love it!!! It's so stinking cute!!! hehe

Okay I'll shut up now - here is Sharee's Layout





and lastly my newest layout.... I actually tried to scraplift my layout of Kira using a photo of Leah... I thought I would do one of each of the girls in the same style but alas - it sucked!! I am never good at scraplifting and haha I can't even scraplift myself!!! *rolleyes* But one of the crops on the photo really 'spoke' to me - I love it and couldn't bring myself to delete it with the rest. And I'm glad I didn't - it was the perfect photo to use with this new dt kit!



{credits: Robin Carlton and Manda Bean for their new two scoops kit "Isn't she lovely" available at www.sweetshoppedesigns.com, the gems came from Manda and Robins Oh so Corny Kit. Stitching is again from Katie Pertiet.}

ohh and .. Like my new desk top :) hehe


4 comments:

ksharonk said...

Hey, I've seen that desktop somewhere else, lol! Have you given proper credit to the creator? ;)

Anonymous said...

Peta, you are tooo cute! I love your new layouts and way to go in breaking your record in comments!

JeanellePaige said...

I love coming to your blog! You are such a fun person, and an outstanding scrapper! If you weren't on so many CT I would beg and plead for you to be on mine. hee hee
(My call ends tonight at 12:00 *wink*) Tomorrow I am adding your blog to my links in my blog.
Congrats on all the comments you have gotten! You deserve them!

Bel said...

WHERE IS MY BLOG HEADER!!

Love your layouts, jealous of your emmense talent.

but, it still leaves the question.....

WHERE IS MY BLOG HEADER??

Snail.

Ps. I luv you.