Friday, December 2, 2005

Sweet N Sassy= ME
Have to be honest - I really didn't expect this - I know people say that all the time but seriously. I didn't. I applied just because I knew if I didn't I'd regret it and I thought Robin's call was just so 'fun' and 'cute' - and really that she is someone I'd really like to get to know and work with... So I thought 'hell why not' .. I was also a little cheeky and sent the following image - as Robin wrote in her call that she likes pink roses and daisys - and I'm not beyond a little bribery or begging ROFL!!!

I was floored when I got my email to say that Robin wanted me, but I was even more floored to read the following on her blog - She listed the reasons to why she picked the new five members of her team... and ohh my isn't this just the most amazing thing.... I'm totaly speachless on what she wrote about my work...

"Peta's work is so yummy I want to eat it! She has such a wide range of moods in her gallery and her pages go from being very playful and fun to very introspective and real. I love that. I think with Peta, you never know what to expect. One day it could be a page about a little girl playing and the next it could be a page about a big girl with a broken heart. Her life comes alive through her scrapbooking and I am so excited to have my designs as the backdrop to some of those memories."

OMG!!! WOW!!!

And in other news..... Some of you might be reading this and know that I can't be on more then three digital design teams with Digital Scrapping World. After I sent off my application to Robin I finally got up the nerve to email TM and let her know that after december I wouldn't be on the DSW team anymore. This isn't for any 'bad' reason. Being on the DSW team is one of the most awesome chances for anyone in the digital world. You get to work with so many wonderful designers work and it is such a great way to grow and develop as a scrapper... but for me now... I want to spend a little more time working if you can say 'one on one' with the designers. I am very sad to be saying good bye to all the wonderful girls on DSW and of course the big boss Turtle herslef as she gave my first shot - she took on a wet behind the ears digital scrapper and gave her a chance ... and for that I'll for ever be thankful!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just spotted your name on the list over in Robin's blog - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so fantastic Peta - you are a very talented scrapper!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Peta - I read Robin's blog too. Gotta say Im not surprised! Your work is inspiring. Bet you looked like your avatar when you found out!

Anonymous said...

Peta Congratulations!
Wow no suprise your work is brilliant honey - I am so excited for you - well done!

xxxx

BethJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well done Peta. This is great news, Robin is a great designer.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Peta!!! You are very lucky cause Robin's stuff rocks! Can't wait to see all the cool layouts you create!

Robin said...

Congrats!!!! I have to agree with everything the other Robin says too. :)

Bel said...

Go peta, go peta.

told you!!

So proud babe. Much deserved.

Nicole Finlayson said...

WOOHOO!!!!

Peta congratulations that is wonderful!!

They will be SO glad to have you. ;)