So this is Christmas...
Well - not quite yet but it soon will be. Tomorrow I'll wake up, say good morning and merry Christmas to my parents, my sister may very well be a smart ass and ring at 5 in the morning to wake us all up! And that's about it. I won't be unwrapping presents - I'll actually be finishing them off! {one canvas to go} Mum and Dad will go off to have Christmas breakfast with friends and get back more then likely just after dinner. I'll check emails, play on the computer, maybe watch disk three of season five of MASH and eat lots of bad foods.
I think I hate Christmas day! I find that I miss Stacy and his family around about this time. Christmas day use to be spent with his side of the family. Only real time that I miss his family really. We use to get together for a great big Christmas lunch and just pretty much do what everyone dose - exchange presents and eat too much. This will be my first ever Christmas really where I had nothing to do. Was lucky last year as I was up in Mackay so got to spend Christmas with Kira, Leah and Tegan.
Boxing day will be a different story though. Boxing day is the Stokes family Christmas - funny thing is when I was growing up it would always be Christmas breakfast with my mum's side of the family and boxing day with my dad's.... It's a great system. So while I'm bah humming Christmas day - I'll be more excited tomorrow night...
So anyways. I'm sitting here thinking of two things - Best Christmas and the Worst Christmas I have ever been through - as tomorrow wont be the worst Christmas I've had - even if I'm alone with nothing to do... It will still be better then the Christmas of 89.
Christmas breakfast of 89 I don't really remember, only a few snippets here and there, I think I spent most of it passed out - and no I wasn't an early alcoholic. By the end of the day I was in hospital - a hospital stay that would last a month and that would change the rest of my life. Funny how you can take one sprained ankle add in a negligent doctor and mix it together to get a moth long hospital stay with plastic surgery thrown in. Yes, the worst Christmas I've ever had and one that still affects my life today. I wonder if that nit wit of a doctor ever found out what happened. I wonder if he ever found out his mistake and I hope that he never ever ever dismissed another child's pain as just 'bunging it on for Christmas' ...
So... Now to the good Christmas.
I don't know what year it was - The year that Madonna brought out True Blue I guess 86 I believe {if Google is anything to go by!} I would have been what 8 years old! It was the Stokes Christmas - so boxing day. It was the normal go to Nana's but this year it was a little more special. As for the first - and only time I believe, the whole family was there, all my auntie's, all my uncles, all my cousins together for Christmas. Some I had never even meet before as my dad's family is all spread over Australia. It was just so much fun I can remember playing with my cousins Jen and Hayley who are the same age as me; they called us the three musketeers. I remember singing and dancing under the garage to Madonna's True Blue. It wasn't about the presents or anything like that I don't think I'd even be able to tell you what I got - it was about just being with family and having fun.
There are a few great Christmas memories - like the year my sister got a pound puppy ran over to show it to my dad and he commented that it l0oked like a football and promptly drop kicked it across the floor, I got my cabbage patch kid Alistair that same year when I checked out his birth certificate and told my dad that Alistair’s birthday was the 15 of April, he replied that there was already to many birthdays in April {My sister and I both being April babies} and that we'd have to send him back. I remember Brett got some strange board game that he'd play with for a long long time afterwards, I can picture it in my head but can't remember the name of it, I think he also go his microscope that year - wish I had of gotten a microscope when I was younger, I think I would have fun playing with it. Brett wouldn't let me hear his!
Well that was a nice trip down memory lane!! I guess I best call it a night, as the sooner I get to sleep the sooner it will be christmas, and then the sooner I get through that - It will be Boxing Day.
Merry Chirstmas Everyone - hope you all have a wonderful day no matter the gifts you are given, as I reckon the best gifts are the memories of good times spent with family -so hope you all great to create lots of them!!!
I think I hate Christmas day! I find that I miss Stacy and his family around about this time. Christmas day use to be spent with his side of the family. Only real time that I miss his family really. We use to get together for a great big Christmas lunch and just pretty much do what everyone dose - exchange presents and eat too much. This will be my first ever Christmas really where I had nothing to do. Was lucky last year as I was up in Mackay so got to spend Christmas with Kira, Leah and Tegan.
Boxing day will be a different story though. Boxing day is the Stokes family Christmas - funny thing is when I was growing up it would always be Christmas breakfast with my mum's side of the family and boxing day with my dad's.... It's a great system. So while I'm bah humming Christmas day - I'll be more excited tomorrow night...
So anyways. I'm sitting here thinking of two things - Best Christmas and the Worst Christmas I have ever been through - as tomorrow wont be the worst Christmas I've had - even if I'm alone with nothing to do... It will still be better then the Christmas of 89.
Christmas breakfast of 89 I don't really remember, only a few snippets here and there, I think I spent most of it passed out - and no I wasn't an early alcoholic. By the end of the day I was in hospital - a hospital stay that would last a month and that would change the rest of my life. Funny how you can take one sprained ankle add in a negligent doctor and mix it together to get a moth long hospital stay with plastic surgery thrown in. Yes, the worst Christmas I've ever had and one that still affects my life today. I wonder if that nit wit of a doctor ever found out what happened. I wonder if he ever found out his mistake and I hope that he never ever ever dismissed another child's pain as just 'bunging it on for Christmas' ...
So... Now to the good Christmas.
I don't know what year it was - The year that Madonna brought out True Blue I guess 86 I believe {if Google is anything to go by!} I would have been what 8 years old! It was the Stokes Christmas - so boxing day. It was the normal go to Nana's but this year it was a little more special. As for the first - and only time I believe, the whole family was there, all my auntie's, all my uncles, all my cousins together for Christmas. Some I had never even meet before as my dad's family is all spread over Australia. It was just so much fun I can remember playing with my cousins Jen and Hayley who are the same age as me; they called us the three musketeers. I remember singing and dancing under the garage to Madonna's True Blue. It wasn't about the presents or anything like that I don't think I'd even be able to tell you what I got - it was about just being with family and having fun.
There are a few great Christmas memories - like the year my sister got a pound puppy ran over to show it to my dad and he commented that it l0oked like a football and promptly drop kicked it across the floor, I got my cabbage patch kid Alistair that same year when I checked out his birth certificate and told my dad that Alistair’s birthday was the 15 of April, he replied that there was already to many birthdays in April {My sister and I both being April babies} and that we'd have to send him back. I remember Brett got some strange board game that he'd play with for a long long time afterwards, I can picture it in my head but can't remember the name of it, I think he also go his microscope that year - wish I had of gotten a microscope when I was younger, I think I would have fun playing with it. Brett wouldn't let me hear his!
Well that was a nice trip down memory lane!! I guess I best call it a night, as the sooner I get to sleep the sooner it will be christmas, and then the sooner I get through that - It will be Boxing Day.
Merry Chirstmas Everyone - hope you all have a wonderful day no matter the gifts you are given, as I reckon the best gifts are the memories of good times spent with family -so hope you all great to create lots of them!!!



3 comments:
Hoping that your day goes peacefully. Thinking of you. Have a great boxing day.
Love Sandra
Hi again!!LOL I loved True Blue as well!!!! Hope your day is going ok! I've so much bad food I've got a headache!
Hugs!
Chris.
Here's hoping you survive Christmas Day, and really ENJOY Boxing Day ... :)
Post a Comment