Friday, December 30, 2005

A little bit of Paper and a Little bit of Digital

Well, only a little bit of digital. The flowers are from a digital element. I wanted to hand sew a flower patern on the layout but my feeble drawings of flowers just wasn't working out very well.... Then the answer hit my clean in the face like a big stinky fish that had been left out in the sun to long.... I had the flower doodles by Angie saved in my digital files on my parents compter - Perfect! So I kicked Dad off the computer, opened up paint shop and resized the PNG files of the flower I wanted to use onto a new document and then printed them out... Useing the print outs as my template I traced the 'holes' onto the layout and stitched to my fingers bleed - well not quite :P The title kind of came about by accident. I wanted to do the 'grow' in the letters it's in then I was going to use my MM rubon's to do the 'with love' underneath... but ...GRR... stupid MM rub ons... the left hand side of the W would refuse to rub off - and I don't mean just one - I mean three of the little buggars! I even tried a chapital W to see if it would work - nope. [and they woulnd't work in any spot] So after banging my head on the table and cursing paper layouts under my breath and wishing it was digi so I could just go "undo" .... I decided to hell with it and used the same letters... only thing was there wasn't enough room then so I had to lay them over the top of each other. You know what, I like it. ROFL. It's something I would never have done in a million years but damn I like it!! Not 100% dead keen on the layout itself though - needs something else I think but I'm stuffed with what that might be so for now it's finished until I think of something else!


{credits: Bazzill, BasicGrey Lucky paper, String, Lettering unknown [got it from Lincraft] Flower patern taken from Doodles by Angie Briggs avaliable at www.scrapartist.com}
Happy Brithday Grumpie
Well today is my Dad's Birthday [ Moia - hope O had a great day!] and for a surprise Kim came down with the girls to take Grumpie to lunch. But the cutiest thing was - the girls where all dressed in matching outfits - so cute!!! So I had to grab the camera and take a photo of them all togther.... Typicaly I suck at photo takeing as normal and of course the girls didn't 'behave' for long.... So the only two sorta good photos as below - the last one cracks me up. We said things like 'cheese' to start with and by the end of the fun we where saying "Grupmie Stinks" hehe. Was sweet when we did the birthday cake Tegan got all excited and tried to blow out the candles and after we finished singing Grupmie told the three girls to blow out the candles, they all blew and not one candle went out!!!! ROFL Was a good day - We ended up at Sizzlers for lunch so don't think we'll be doing to much for dinner tonight!!



1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Oh, I can't wait to see that last photo scrapped - it's PRICELESS...

And GREAT job on the paper layout... you are so scrap-talented girl!