Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Faceing the Music

Daina will be proud of me. I've made that appointment.

For those of you who don't know me all that well. I've been 'unwell' of late - well do the last three years count as of late? Sometimes it's been better then others but after a few bumps in the road recently I have taken an extrem spike and ended up back in my little black hole. I've keep things together but I'm starting to get to tired to keep up holding them togther. The mental effects have taken on a big hold of me and I'm really starting to get beaten by it.

So tomorrow it's off to the big D word. And I'm going to get help {I hope} I'm going to see the D word about my insomnia and I'm even going to see the D about my depression [no I don't want to go on meds for it and am not going to go down that road if I can help it - I want to find out other ways to get past it] and I might even go for the trifecta and see the D about that funny little rash I have on my bum ---- okay I might be jokeing about that bit - houmour when being serious - how very un me :P

This is rather a big step for me. Hopefully something will come of it and I'll start to feel better. Sick of not being about to concentrate and think clearly. Sick of knowing what I have to do but still not being able to do it. I hate that D word, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them - but I have to do something about this... Beacuse it's clear to anyone with half a braing - and a even a servely difuctional one like mine - that I need to get help and find the answers to this. No more sticking the head in the sand and just excusseing it for other things...

Time to face the music.


So In ohter news...

I have gotten another two digital layouts commisioned for publication in Scrapbooking Creations. :)

My Water Restrictions Layout and My You are what you eat layouts.

Funny enought these are both Layouts that are more 'font work' the useing kits.

I created two cute little covers to go over the layouts in the gallerys useing elements from the layout itself that I was covering up. Each cover uses the fonts fom the layout and has an element form the Designer who's work I used on the layout.

For example I used Brenda's Alpha's from her Sunny and Bright kit so I have used the flower and two of the alpha's from the kit for the cover.

See....



Isn't that cute!!!

And for the other cover I had used Michelle Coleman's Alpha distresed stamp brushes on the layout so I used elements from Scrapartist to go on the cover :)



I love putting a cute little saying on them too - and seeing as that one was about food I thought going out to lunch was very apt :)

No idea what issue they will be in or when they are out - but how exciting YAY!

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Good luck at the D honey, good call... and I am very happy that you've got more layouts accepted! and I love your cute little covers too!

{hugs}

ksharonk said...

Congratulations ... I've got some digital layouts being published soon too, in our Aussie mags and it's such a big thrill. I'll keep an eye out for yours ... and good luck with that D person! :)

BethJ said...

Hey Peta - I looove your placards!!!! If I ever get another layout accepted I will commission you to do one for me! LOL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Peta. Congrats on getting some layouts published in SC. I'll have to keep a look out for them.

Good luck with your drip to the D too :)