Friday, October 21, 2005

The D and Me
Well what a waste of time that was!! Before I even got in the office I knew that it wasn't going to eventuate into anything. I think over the years I've become really good at judgeing D's. The moment my name was called and I stood up and looked at the D I knew I had wasted my time.
Now before you go thinking I set it up from the get go to not work out. I didn't as I walked into the office I was chantting to in my head that I'd make it work that I'd get it out still - that I woudln't go on first impressions.
HA! -why they are so right!
But before I get to far into it... let me tell you a little about me and the D's - I can't stand them!! It's not so much that I don't like them - it's just that I don't trust them. [and in case you haven't worked out it the D does stand for "Docotor" - I just don't really like that D word very much]
When I was 12 years old I twisted my ankel - a normal childhood injury right? Nope not me - I had to have a diseasse in my system at the time that then attacked said ankel - but a certain D that had been the family D for pretty much my whole life unwisely thought that I was bugging on my pain for christmas {was around a week before christmas} and as he couldn't find any fractures or broken bones - I must be full of it, so he just wacked a cast on it to quote "keep me quite" and went on his merry way.
Well - that cast {that wasn't even a correctt 'cast' to small and not enough padding} ended up landing me in hospital christmas day as my foot had swallon so bad that it was cutting off the circulation to my foot... once said cast was gone what did we find but a nice little bubble over the outside of my ankel ... to cut a long story short - a month in hospital - skin removed from my butt and put on my foot - a year of physio and a life time of never knowing that if feels like to not have 'pain' {although I don't really count it as pain anymore it's just an everyday feeling... it's normal!} . To never be able to drive a car with out specail modifcations and to not be able to run, walk long distances or stand for long periods of time....
Yes I don't trust doctors after that. And have never been one to go visit one D after that, I try to avoid them as much as possible.
So getting back to the latest adventure...
He didn't look at me at all during the visit.
After asking a few rodamentry questions - he's sterling advice on my sleep problems was this ... "Go to Bed earlier and if after 20 mins you're still not asleep, get up and do something ie. the washing up. Then after that's done go back to bed" .... Really??? Go to bed Earlier - Why didn't I think of that? *rolleyes*
I tried to bring up other stuff - wasn't listening... *sigh*
So .... guess I have to go find another D ... GRR.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Oooh Poor Peta.

Yes, a good D is hard to find. I don't even have one at the moment, have a good homeopath instead! rofl...

Hope you find something that helps, and soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh my darling Peta......I have an amazing doctor here who listens, understands and sometimes even figures out what you are really not saying that you need to say - hence anti-depressants for me!!!!

Have you thought of going to a naturopath or homeopath or something? I am all for natural stuff and hey, whatever works is fine by me even if it is all in my head as Bevan says!!!!

Hugs to you sweetie and I have missed you these last few days.

Give me a yell anytime won't you (OK maybe not in the wee hours of the morning.....!)

Love Sandi

Anonymous said...

Peta I do agree. Its not to much to ask is it? A doctor that tkaes time to listen and is not in a hurry to the next 5 people who are also booked in at the same time as you?
What a twat did he not think you had tried going to bed earlier?
Good luck finding a D that listens study bunny.
Rach
xxxx