Thursday, October 13, 2005

30 Days

Sititing here watching 30 Days on telly - you know the guy who did the Supper Size Me Documentary, well this time he and his poor fiancee are doing a doco on what it is like to live on minium wage in America... Can I just say. OMG is the Amercian way of life screwed up!!! {sorry guys} But OMG how can people live there??

The whole Medical system scares me. Makes me realise how lucky I am to live in a country where Medical treatment is very much 'free'. I could never imagine have to pay $300 just for going to the Emergency department!!!! I'm so going to stop complaing about my own standard of living now!!! I'm so lucky!!

Although the Australain minium way is still pretty low and I'm only lucky becuase I don't have children to raise. We are still lucky in other ways - it could be a lot worse.

This has left me thinking - why do we want to be like America so much? Why do we try to emulate the America way of life??? It just seems so crazy. If you aske me that's not the way of life I want. I don't want a health care syestem that charges you for just being in the room!!!

And idoits are making eight million dollar cars - something is very wrong in this world.

1 comment:

BethJ said...

Oh Peta!!! I watched this too (and I will be watching tonight aswell ;)) and it is scary!!! I didnt realise how bad it was there! I was shocked by the medical standards! ITA with your post!