stupid fish
they keep dieing!!
Had one of my favouriet girly fishies die on the weekend. Was very sad about that, still have no idea WHY she died - she just did.
Then yesterday my darling boy picked me up at the trainstation after work and as we where headed back towards the house he goes "I've got some bad news, did you know Santa was sick?" I said I thought he might have been why? Then he tells me that he'd noticed Santa was laying on his side this morning, and didnt' look well. When he checked before coming to get me, he saw that Santa was dead. I'm like "okay" Not really to fussed as he'd be my least favourite of the boys - I would quite often refer to him as the ugly one (harsh but true - he was no where near as pretty as the others) .... I was still disapointed that he was dead, but not 'deverstated'
After telling me all this Stacy goes. "I've got some other bad news" I was imediately worried. Who else is dead?!?!
Snot.
.... I was DEVERSTATED.
I was even more deverstated when I found out WHY he was dead - as that one is actually well and turely MY fault.
It seems that Snot jumped out of his little tank that he was in, Stacy found him on the floor of the laundry yesterday afternoon covered in ants (poor Snot).
Why it's my fault is becasue I hadn't bothered to put the lid back on the top of the tanks as I figured "none of my fish are jumpers" (Betta's have a tendency to be jumpers) ... BIG mistake!! Seems Snot boy was! *CRY*
I never really thought I'd be much of a fish person but I have to say I am rather attached to my babies.
I spent the rest of last night in depressive mood and sulked around the house. Got snappy with the boy (who snapped back - wahoo!) When we made nice again he explained that he'd had a bit of an emotional day too as he'd been worried all day about how /when to tell me - if to tell me whne on the phone at work or to wait etc etc. He's such a sweety. He also was deverstated about Snot passing away as Stacy was kind of attached to him.
... these are my fishies that passed away first is Hidie (after getting into a fight with her sister Luna), Second is Snot! and lastly Santa.





2 comments:
Oh no :(
I'm so sorry!!
They were beautiful fishies xx
sorry to hear about your fish. Have you got a PH tester for your water to check the balances, that may have been the prob. If not grab a small sample of the tank water and take it to your local aquarium and they should be able to test it there for you and let you know if that is causing the problem.
we've only got goldfish at the moment, as i figured they are pretty bloody hardy creatures and can cope with our amateurish skills to start off with.
Post a Comment