Thursday, December 4, 2008

Those girls are fisy....

Firstly - Thanks everyone for the congrats :) I'm counting down the days!! Can't wait to have a look back through the house on Saturday. I can't wait to start planning things out in my head properly. Of course I would dearly love to go and buy furniture and a whole heap of 'non essential' things for the house - but I think I'll have to behave myself for awhile.

Plus add to that is the fact that idealy we would love to be working towards a house deposit this year... yes I did just really say that!!! Starting to feel like a real grown up haha...


So in other news... Here are some photos of my babies... My girls.

They are mostly in one 22L tank together, you can get away with houseing the girls together depending on their tempermant etc Where as the boys unless you have a HUGE tank are always on their own.

First up.......

Rosie: - becasue she was a slight lavander colour when I got her, I also got her at the same time as two of my other girls and was going to name them after the Golden Girls (Rose, Blanch and Dorothy) ... but only Rose stuck. She's the meany of the bunch so much that she's on a tank on her own as she bites the other girls fins off!!! She is actually quite dark in colour and has a nice purple tinge to her.





Shark-Baite: She ended up with this name as she reminded me of a shark everytime she would chase or flare at the other girls. She's also a little bit of a brat like Rosie, and has been the one I've seen get into the most full on fights with another girl (mostly with Luna)


Group Shoot: Luan on the left, Hidie on the right, and Jaffa's bum down the bottom...

Luna did start out life as "Ping" but sone becasue Luna as she was LOONEY - so Looney Luna is her full name! She's actually one of my favs. I had to preform a rescue operation on her not long after she came to stay. She had gotten her head stuck in a plastic plant thing I had in the tank with her. She couldn't breath and I had no idea how long she had been stuck for. The only way to save her was for me to pull her out - plastic container - plant and all. I was walking around my room with a fish and plant in one hand freaking out about how to get her the hell out if it. Ended up having to cut her out, which was also heart stopping. She pulled through it all okay, a few dents and a few lost scales, but she's fighting fit now!


Hidie: Earnt her name because that's what she would do. Soon as she saw me she'd Hide. I was often trying to find her under one of the plants to check in on her. She did warm up in the end and now doesn't hide at all - she's always at the front of the tank wanting to be fed haha! She's also a fav and will possible the first fish I try breeding with!

Jaffa: Is a bit of an odd ball. She got her name becasue her body is actually a dark chocolate while her fins are a red orange! Just like a Jaffa!! She doesn't like getting her photo taken and spends most of her time at the bottom of the tank hunting for left overs.



Rocky! This is my latest addition to the girly tank. Little miss Rocky. She was the tiniest little Betta I had ever seen .. and when I say tiny I mean tiny she was the size of a 1.25L Cooke bottle lid. - If not smaller!

She has earnt the name Rocky as the moment she saw the other girls through the plastic divider in the inroduction tank she want'ed to 'go' them. Flared like crazy and you could tell she was saying "come on I'll take you on" haha. She's a cute little fish, and it's a laugh to watch her chase the other bigger fish around the tank!



So yeap those are my girls. They don't look much like that anymore though, as I only recently set p the girls tank and they have been working out who is boss and so are all missing chuncks out of their tails,

Will post the boys tomorrow...

No comments: