Thursday, March 6, 2008

there is always something to be done

it never ends. I'm currently trying to work on getting things done. I have a list of things that I need to get done and while I'm slowly chipping away at it all there is always something else that needs to be done. Some days I wonder what on earth I have been doing all day as it just feels like I've gotten NOTHING done at all but yet I know I have been doing x, y and z. Some times I have to ask myself why does it feel like I have no time when really compared to a lot of other people I know I have all the time in the world.

Today was such a day, feel like I got nothing much done yet know I did quite a lot - it was just very all over the place and did so much

there was the normal morning events of job hunting joys - yay

then I had to go into my parents work to a/pick up my macro lens b/pick up my film camera and to pay my mum back for paying for my film camera for me (that was the main reason I went in)

I got to snag a few brief seconds to enjoy the excitement of getting my new lens. I run out the back of my dad's workshop and tested it out on a bug in a tree. I love it, but know I need to get a lot more comfortable with it.

The only down side to seeing the parents is the dreaded "So where is my website questions" from the parents. - which is the first thing I got of course when I walked through the door. My guilt levels with this one is starting to climb through the roof, something I hope to levitate in the next week, so when that question next comes up I can answer it with good news. I hate putting them off and won't for much longer. It's just a matter of shifting a few priorities around and ideally getting a few things out of the way and dealt with. Really this should have been a priority a long time ago (hence the guilt now).

I then got to snatch some happy time with the boy which basically amounts to a very short car ride from work to the train station as he was off to do important uncle duties and I was off to do the other stuff in the day that I had to get done before going to TAFE.

Nothing fun or exciting, just 'stuff' that I will not bore you with.

Tafe I got to play with Nikon Cameras (I'll stick with Canons though). After Tafe a quick bite of dinner with a few people from class, as I want to get to know more of the people in my class.

Then it was time to sit and wait for the bus.

Argh maybe that's where I spend most of my time today - on trains and buses - bus to my morning appointments - two buses to my parents work - trip with stacy - train ride - train ride and lastly yet another bus ride.... (yes Megan I need a Scooter :P hehe)

So home to have a min chat to the boy before he passed out and needed to go to bed. He spent most of the time reading me rant poor thing. More stuff to do. Catch up on emails...

done.

and sone how I feel like nothing got done off that ever growing list - things actually got added to it again though.

Hopefully tomorrow will take a few things off it and add nothing to it - but then I have appointment running around and tafe so more time on buses and trains.

Maybe I'll just put the list off till friday...... :)

4 comments:

Sara Pearcy said...

lol - I know exactly how you feel ....and all I want to do is sleep.

Anonymous said...

Public transport will drive you to that scooter yet :-)
megs

Dee said...

oh my I'm exhausted just reading that!! You are a busy little possum

I have now forgotten what it was I was going to say ... wait for it ....ummm ...aha!

I can TOTALLY see you riding a scooter! heheee!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about you this morning Peta and had to check your blog to see what you've been up to..... your photography is amazing, I think you have indeed found your calling.
xoxo
anna