what not
Well today was a full on day. I went to a great lot of photographic seminars / workshops held by the Australian Institute of Professional Photographers referred to as "Hair of the Dog" (HOTD)
Only downside was that I got to the first talk, was really getting into it and had to leave as I actually had a job interview to go to.
That went okay. I actually had to write a press release in the interview. I must say my writing/marketing skills are a little rusty. But I was happy with what I did. They where really impressed with my portfolio so that was nice, and if nothing else that is something positive to take away with me as if the job had of just been dependent on that I think I would be feeling rather positive and confident right now. But as it is I'll wait and see. Who knows.
After my interview I turned around and headed back into the city (40min trip each way) . I didn't want to come in on a talk that was already started so I hung outside until the next break/intermission which turned out to be lunch as they where actually running late (I had got back to TAFE at 1pm!) So while I waited I mucked around taking photos.
The reason I had my camera on me was kind of two fold. 1. Because I actually had my first photography class tonight and 2. because the batteries are out in my Canon P&S.
I took this cute little photo of my HOTD tag hanging out with my Crumpler bag. I've called the photo "Crumpler Goes to HOTD 2008" on flickr. I was actually surprised that Crumpler wasn't there at the show - would have been a great marketing op. Actually there was no bag 'people' at all ... LOTS of photobook people thought!!
Another great aspect of it all was that I got to meet a few people who I have only known as words on a screen. I got to chat to Louise - who's photos I had been drooling over lately, and also I briefly got to meet Ben and Justine, I've been stalking the Infinity Studios Blog of late also drooling over the photos posted there. And talking of stalking I actually got a to meet in the flesh Toni Snell although embrassingly enough, the first words out of my mouth where "Hey Toni you know my Anuty Sandra!" ... while the poor girl was trying to grab herself lunch. I also then threw in the fact that I knew Richard also... I quickly ran away after that with no wish to intrude more. But later I realised that I hadn't actually introduced myself so being the 'fool' that I am I hunted the poor girl down and appologised and told her who the hell I was this time. I then left her to what ever she was doing (as I had no wish to make even more of an ass out of myself!) .
My first class was a bit of a snooze. Will be interesting to see how this one pans out it sounds like I could be 'bored' in this one - after all it's Photoshop and seems to mix in some graphic design as well. But how knows I may learn something new, if not at least I know I can get the work done pretty easy!
Lastly - some new photos for you all ones that I have taken this week. I really like the last one of the crumpler (there is another one posted to flickr) and now wish I had of actually put more of the green table into the shoot instead of trying to cut it out as I had done with all the following shoots, the mix of black, white pink and green really pops in the photo.







No comments:
Post a Comment