Monday, February 18, 2008

playing photographer for the day

I had the best time today. I got to play photographer for the day. It was a big learning curve I must say. I was luck in the fact that the people I where with knew what kind of things they wanted and I didn't have to do any directing at all (although now looking back I realised I should have been a little more 'pro active' - but that will come in time I'm sure).

I spent the afternoon taking photo's of Richard, Megan and their twins Bella and Griffin (who have graced this blog before!) I was also lucky in the fact that Richard brought along his gear for me to use if I wanted... So basically I spent the day with actually Richards camera in hand set up with the big kick ass 70-200mm f2.8L lens *drool* I tell you what I am now in love with that lens! I did use my own camera and lens for some shoots but honestly I'm so annoyed with that camera at the moment I just couldn't get it 'right' today. So I was happy to have the other camera to use... although now I do have to save up my pennies to buy a certain lens!

I got home and downloaded the photos - all 766 of them - weeded out the 'bad' ones and extras - 366 left to play with. There where some that I was deeply disappointed with and have to keep reminding myself "you know nothing" and with that in mind - yay I got some great shoots!

I can't wait to learn so much more about this and get what maybe a 500 good ones next time!

Ps. Thank you Megan and Richard for today..

Now for a few photos that I have played with already :)









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did end up staying up all night to play. I love the ones of Griffin and Bella in the flowers - just gorgeous and of course them to a tee... I do like the wall family shot of posers and I must say gee I take a good photo!! Jokes - you have done a great job can't wait to see the rest. Megs

Anonymous said...

Wow these photos all look fantastic Peta. Very well done.

I can't imagaine taking that many photos in one day but that's what the professionals do :)

Have a great week and take care of yourself. Love from Susan (smiles1965) from Scrapboxx.com.au