PhotoShop Fun
I was playing around with some funky free textures that I picked up from Bea -who I just KNEW was going to be on the For Keeps DT - Way to go BEA!! - I remember WOW'ing over Bea's ART in the gallery at scrapboxx. I could never quite understand why she didn't get more praise / comments on her work because seriously Bea's stuff is just has that out of the park WOW factor, She was so different and so fresh IMO. I am so pleased that she is getting the recognition for her work .... I use to gush something shamelessly on Bea's work when I saw it hehe and she was always supper sweet in kind, even after I left the boxx I will still get the random checking in emails now and then.
So anyways. After seeing some of Bea's texture photos - I just HAD to play... Sometimes I forget about just how much you can do in photoshop/elements. I do love the whole textured look to photos that you see around some of the places now days - I know there is that collection of textures that you can buy that have kind of gotten popular. But I have to say I don't really 'get' the whole thing 90% of the time. One of my favourite photography blogs have gone into doing this style a LOT - and personally I'm finding it a turn off as I loved them for their beautiful coloured 'art' wedding photos - now it's all rustic/old washed out grunge stuff and it's just not the same ..
I think it's great to do now and then but if I start doing this to ALL my photos - would one of you please kindly smack me over the back of the head?! - Thank you.
Ohh and on another note. Looking through these photos I'm starting to get the feeling that either Jenna doesn't like having her photo taken - or she doesn't like me. This is the look I've gotten (or variations on it - see photo posted yesterday) since about the time she learnt to hold her head up!!
I guess I should get to bed - big day tomorrow - have to make sure work clothese are on the line to dry and also have to be out of here bright and early to make it to the other side of brisbane to teach not one but - TWO classes tomorrow at Lawnton. I'm soooo going to be STUFFED when I get home tomorrow night... and then it's off to work on Monday - YAY...




No comments:
Post a Comment