Friday, September 21, 2007

the best time at the movies ever

I don't think I have ever laughed so much at something when I was at the movies that had NOTHING to do with the actual movie. After all the Bourne Supremacy isn't really a haha movie is it?!

During the 'quite' time in the movie I heard a strange sound from below - someone was snoring!! At first I thought I had miss heard but sure enough a little bit later I heard it again. I giggled and whispered that someone was snoring to stacy - he just looked at me funny and said he couldn't hear it.

Then the movie went really quite. The people in front of us I noted where looking in the direction of the snorer and whispering to each other. Stacy finally heard it. I was lightly giggling at this stage and you could just sense that everyone was now catching onto the fact that someone had fallen asleep. The light in the cinema improved for a moment - a well lit part of the movie - lots of white light - I leaned forward in my chair to see if I could spot who it was (the cinema wasn't very full being that Bourne has been out for some time now) and what I saw made me really laugh out loud. Everyone below me [we where sat in the third highest row] had also leaned forward in their chairs and where looking towards the 'offender'. On of the boys in the row behind me called out "wake up" to which the rest of the cinema had a little giggle over... and then we all went back to watching the movie..

I thought it was rather funny. I have never had that in a movie before where someone fell asleep and started to snore. So yeap ONE of the highlights of the night for me.

The other highlight - or could be called a lowlight depending on how you want to look at it. After the movie was over I had to 'dash' for the bathroom - with stacy right behind me I thought he was going to the boys while I went to the little ladies. Along the wall that lead up to the toliets was posters for the movie Hairspray [which I really want to see] and in the posters was one of the ever talented supper cool Christopher Walken. Now me being me - and me LOVE'N Christopher Walken like I do [seriously I LOVE CHRISTOPHER WALKEN - but not in a want to have his babies kind of way rofl - but in a he is such a great actor kind of way] - I did something a little bit silly..... I "pawed" the poster [ran my hands over it] and said "This is also why I want to see the movie - me love chris" - thinking that stacy was right behind me and that I was talking to him - when I turned to look at him to get his 'reaction' I found myself face to face with some strange women and some guy who was walking behind her. I quickly went "Ohh where is he" and walked back up the path to find stacy standing looking at another movie poster... and to cover up my gahf I said at quite an audible level [so the girl and guy would hear] " Stacy. The least you could do is actually be looking when I make a total dick of myself"

I then of course had to reenact what I had done.

Stacy found it very funny. He found it even funnier that I actually 'shared' it. He said most people would have not told a soul about it and just pretended like it didn't happen. He also said "I bet you'll go home and blog about it too" .... hehe well I wasn't going to till he put the idea in my head!!!

Yes I like to share the moments of when I make a total dick of myself. Because I like to laugh at myself. And that was a classic Peta moment.

So yes - if you saw some strange women pawing a poster of Christopher walken tonight at the cinema - don't worry was just me being me!!


Ohh and on the movie front. It was quite a good movie. I liked it better then the second one. There are a few things that I don't 'buy' with the story though. To things that I felt just didn't sit right - the Nicky "love" thing - and the reason to why the guy at the end looked all fresh and 'clean' when a few scenes earlier he had been in a car accident... I would of expected him to look a little more 'beat up' then what he did. I don't think I would rush out and see it again. But I might watch it if it was on telly one night if I had nothing better to do.

2 comments:

Robin said...

LOL Peta! I think I fell asleep at the movies but don't think my snoring got that loud!

Anonymous said...

ROFL, this post gave me such a laugh! Especially the story about pawing Christopher Walken's image (though personally he's a bit old for me). x