Monday, March 5, 2007

Who did you last comment on?

Okay I admit it I'm a little weird.... *G* Yeah I know tell you all something you don't already know!

So why am I 'weird' today... Well you see I was over checking out my gallery at SBB [checking in to see who loves me since I last looked at my comments - and yay Dawn loves me *giggles*]. Some how I ended up comment hopping and found two beautiful galleries that I have never seen before [one I'm very embarrassed to admit to]

First - is a girl in the UK by the name of Sunny, aka wuthayang her layouts are to die for!! I just want to add her whole gallery to my fav's list! I could gush all day about Sunny's work! Ohh to scrap and take photos like that.... BLISS. This kind of gallery to me is the 'art' end of digital scrapbooking, I love that it's graphic and so far removed from trying to be anything like paper scrapping!

I so wish I could scrap like that!

From Sunny's gallery I comment hopped right on over to Vera Lim's gallery, and yes this is the one I'm embarrassed to admit to. You see - I've drooled over Vera's creations - in a designer sense. Her kits are so pretty, I'm still waiting for the perfect photos to go with two kits I brought at her last sale... anyways. I must now admit, I've never really looked at her layout work. BOY have I been missing out!!! Vera's gallery is filled with so many wonderful layouts I am totally in awe of them all!! Again another very graphic gallery, I think that really when it comes down to it those are my favourite digital layouts. I just adore what people can do with their programs and how they can bring to life such art works....

and for something totally weird, these are the kinds of pages I just want to see in real life, to touch them to sit there with a book of them all and just flip through and drink in all that graphic prettiness...

So do yourself a favour - go check out Vera's and Sunny's galleries, and while you're over at SBB why not do some comment hopping yourself and see where you end up.

I guess I should explain what exactly comment hopping is huh?! Okay.

Comment Hopping Explained: You seen I'm a little bit gallery challenged, often instead of clicking on the "users gallery" link, I will mistakenly click on their profile name instead. Which will lead me not into their gallery but into their profile. When I do this, I can't help but sneak a peak at what layouts the person who's gallery I just went to look at has been commenting on. After all if I like their work enough to see what else they have been doing - then I'll more then likely like the layouts they have been commenting on, so from there, I comment hop. I find a layout in their comments that jumps out at me - go look at it - comment on it and then I either go back to comment on other layouts I saw that I wanted to look at, or I will check out the new persons profile to see what layouts they have been commenting on. It's actually a lot of fun and I find a lot of people's work who I just seem to totally miss in the galleries.

So there you go. Comment Hopping is fun.

2 comments:

julie said...

thanks for gallery hopping for me! I'm so glad you found these and passed them on. Wow! I love the work of these two!

Anonymous said...

aww Peta, thanks so much for your nice words about me. I agree about Sunny, I have always adored her gallery too!! :)